Fresh install on Debian 8.9: ValueError: No closing quotation

TASK [Create new site] 
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: ValueError: No closing quotation
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "module_stderr": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_Xtl39v/ansible_module_command.py\", line 220, in <module>\n    main()\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_Xtl39v/ansible_module_command.py\", line 194, in main\n    args = shlex.split(args)\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py\", line 279, in split\n    return list(lex)\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py\", line 269, in next\n    token = self.get_token()\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py\", line 96, in get_token\n    raw = self.read_token()\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/shlex.py\", line 172, in read_token\n    raise ValueError, \"No closing quotation\"\nValueError: No closing quotation\n", "module_stdout": "", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE", "rc": 1}

When trying to install ERPnext I get the above error. No closing quotation. Sounds like something I should be able to fix. But which line needs a closing quotation? I’d love to just add the closing quotation to github, and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
If you have any idea why I get this error and/or if i’m on the right track, please let me know.

Maybe you have a custom select value “No closing quotation” in one of the doc types you have customized.

Hi @Pawan, thanks for the idea! I didn’t customize anything.
I’m using “easy install” as described on this page

If anyone has any idea what I could do to fix this, I’d be really happy :slight_smile:

Follow these steps

https://jwrober.github.io/erpnext_admin_guide/i-u-b/install

Works great on Debian 8.9

2 Likes

Thanks @James_Robertson
This was very helpful. :smiley: