Fresh Installation not serving website

I did a fresh installation of Frappe on CentOS7-Minimal via the easy install script.

The installation went smoothly, but the website created isn’t being served, and the server is instead serving the default Nginx page. “Welcome to Nginx on Fedora…”.

Ive tried commenting out this section of the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file, but then nothing gets served with “connection refused” error.

server {
        listen       80 default_server;
        listen       [::]:80 default_server;
        server_name  _;
        root         /usr/share/nginx/html;

# Load configuration files for the default server block.
    include /etc/nginx/default.d/*.conf;

location / {
    }

error_page 404 /404.html;
        location = /40x.html {
    }

error_page 500 502 503 504 /50x.html;
        location = /50x.html {
    }
}`

Can somebody help me out with this?

Thanks!

@Tanuj please take backup of “default” file softlink in “/etc/nginx/site-enable/” folder and delete it and restart the nginx service.

Hi @gangadhar_k,

There is no such folder. The only folders in /etc/nginx/ are conf.d, ssl, and default.d

please check https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-nginx-server-blocks-on-centos-7

Hi @gangadhar_k,

I followed all the steps but it didn’t work. Did a fresh install with easy install script, and still didnt work.

The Nginx welcome page is gone, but "Cannot connect to server " error is showing up instead.

Thanks a lot for your help! Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@Tanuj

Please share error log to help you better.

@gangadhar_k

The error log in /var/log/nginx/ is empty.

All error logs in frappe-bench/logs are empty.

Solved.

It was quite petty. Seems that by default bench was formatting the frappe-bench.conf file as:

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name
                erpnext
                ;

instead of:

server {
        listen 80;
        server_name erpnext;
1 Like