Get Bench requirement error when installing ERPnext

I am getting following error in Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS server using the command sudo python3.8 -m pip install frappe-bench

ERROR: bench 5.0.0 has requirement Jinja2==2.10.3, but you'll have jinja2 3.0.3 which is incompatible.
ERROR: bench 5.0.0 has requirement requests==2.22.0, but you'll have requests 2.28.1 which is incompatible.
ERROR: bench 5.0.0 has requirement setuptools==40.8.0, but you'll have setuptools 63.2.0 which is incompatible.

But if I use the command `sudo python3.10 -m pip install frappe-bench’ I am getting this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(_main())
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main.py", line 73, in main
    command = create_command(cmd_name, isolated=("--isolated" in cmd_args))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/commands/__init__.py", line 96, in create_command
    module = importlib.import_module(module_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 883, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 24, in <module>
    from pip._internal.cli.req_command import RequirementCommand
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 15, in <module>
    from pip._internal.index.package_finder import PackageFinder
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/index/package_finder.py", line 21, in <module>
    from pip._internal.index.collector import parse_links
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_internal/index/collector.py", line 12, in <module>
    from pip._vendor import html5lib, requests
ImportError: cannot import name 'html5lib' from 'pip._vendor' (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/_vendor/__init__.py)

What is the problem and how to solve it?

Regards,

Hi,

May we know which version of ERPNext you are trying to install?

Has sudo pip3 install frappe-bench been tried?

I am trying to install ERPNext 13.

As you may have noted when I issue the command sudo python3.10 -m pip install frappe-bench I am getting errors listed above.

As I am quite new to working in Ubuntu and Python I don’t know how to solve it.

Regards,

The error suggests that the html5lib library is missing. Perhaps try installing that from pip or apt and try again.

Hi, Any update on this issue?