Getting Started, a couple of problems suggestions and rambling

First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years. In my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense. ERPNext makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a tall order for ERP software these days. Something as simple as clicking on Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right there. Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the Sales Invoice I just created. Anyways i could go on and on about how great ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering ERPNext awesomeness. However i know there is a post somewhere about testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a testimonial.

Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone soon, but barely successful computer consulting company :wink: , don't get me wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting skills just none of my skills pertain to making money. Basically i'm addicted to my computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.

Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext is functional, which is soon i hope. I also Plan to do my taxes for last year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.

First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a torn image symbol in its place. The same behaviour is encountered when i add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have sent out last Friday :slight_smile: and would love to show off the image feature of my new ERP system!

I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto populate when creating items It also gives a message about how i should create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems like i might be hard to remove later.

"As we maintain stock of this item, its better to maintain default
warehouse. To add default warehouse please go to 'Inventory' section. It
will be fetched automatically while making Sales Order, Delivery Note,
etc… "

I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order etc it does not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.

Lastly the + signs are a great feature but should default to open in a new tab

PS let me know if it is better to create individual posts for each issue as i am sure there are many more to come.

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your kind words. This is the stuff that really keeps us going and motivated to build a better product :)

Good luck with your ERPNext setup. An ERP is a real complex product and we are a small team so there is a limit on how fast we can improve the product!

If you want to help us, please create a wikipedia page for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ERP_software_packages

We cannot do it our selves due to conflict of interest. So it would be best if anyone from the community can take a bit of initiative in this as this is the #1 listing of Open Source ERPs.

You will need to create a page for ERPNext like (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL-Ledger) and then link it on the main page.

It is a shame that many other ERPs that are not half as complete as ERPNext are there on that list and somehow ERPNext is being discriminated against.

I would request others from this forum also to help us set this up.

Regarding your issues:

1. Can you right click on your broken images and select "Open Image on a new page" and let us know the URL and the error messages?

2. Default Warehouse: You are right - it should automatically update. We will fix this in our upcoming release. No you don't have to create any more warehouses (if you are not using them)

3. Taxes: You need to create a Tax master. See this link for more help

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-create-template-for-taxes-and.html

Please feel free to ask questions on this forum.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 04-Jun-2012, at 2:57 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years.  In my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense.  ERPNext makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a tall order for ERP software these days.  Something as simple as clicking on Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right there.   Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the Sales Invoice I just created.  Anyways i could go on and on about how great ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering ERPNext awesomeness.  However i know there is a post somewhere about testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a testimonial.

Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone soon, but barely successful computer consulting company ;)  , don’t get me wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting  skills just none of my skills pertain to making money.  Basically i’m addicted to my computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.

Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext is functional, which is soon i hope. I  also Plan to do my taxes for last year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.

First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a torn image symbol in its place.  The same behaviour is encountered when i add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have sent out last Friday :slight_smile: and would love to show off the image feature of my new ERP system!

I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto populate when creating items   It also gives a message about how i should create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems like i might be hard to remove later.

warehouse. To add default warehouse please go to ‘Inventory’ section. It
etc… "

I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order etc it does  not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.

PS let me know if it is better to create individual posts for each issue as i am sure there are many more to come.

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your kind words. This is the stuff that really keeps us going and motivated to build a better product :)

Good luck with your ERPNext setup. An ERP is a real complex product and we are a small team so there is a limit on how fast we can improve the product!

We cannot do it our selves due to conflict of interest. So it would be best if anyone from the community can take a bit of initiative in this as this is the #1 listing of Open Source ERPs.

You will need to create a page for ERPNext like (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL-Ledger) and then link it on the main page.

It is a shame that many other ERPs that are not half as complete as ERPNext are there on that list and somehow ERPNext is being discriminated against.

Yes i will look into setting up a wiki page for ERPNext as i seriously do not have enough good things to say about your software besides ERPNext deserves recognition. Plus you and the crew are always helping me and others here really it it the least i can do. Also i have a partner that is interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its only one, but that is how things get started. If i can convince him how great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some paid development on your end. I can praise the product to keep you going, and might be able to drum up some money for it too. I just don't have any myself right now haha.

Regarding your issues:

1. Can you right click on your broken images and select "Open Image on a new page" and let us know the URL and the error messages?

Yes i noticed the url was also poking around with firebug while i waited for help

Here is the broken image

http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/09_sun.jpg

Not Found

The requested URL /app.html/files/09_sun.jpg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at sun.computerking.ca Port 18188

Here is the print image that is working looking at this it should be files instead of app.html just no sure how to go about fixing it.

http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/files/09_sun.jpg

2. Default Warehouse: You are right - it should automatically update. We will fix this in our upcoming release. No you don't have to create any more warehouses (if you are not using them)

No biggy here i can wait on this

best,
Rushabh

First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years. In my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense. ERPNext makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a tall order for ERP software these days. Something as simple as clicking on Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right there. Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the Sales Invoice I just created. Anyways i could go on and on about how great ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering ERPNext awesomeness. However i know there is a post somewhere about testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a testimonial.

Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone soon, but barely successful computer consulting company :wink: , don't get me wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting skills just none of my skills pertain to making money. Basically i'm addicted to my computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.

Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext is functional, which is soon i hope. I also Plan to do my taxes for last year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.

First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a torn image symbol in its place. The same behaviour is encountered when i add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have sent out last Friday :slight_smile: and would love to show off the image feature of my new ERP system!

I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto populate when creating items It also gives a message about how i should create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems like i might be hard to remove later.

etc… "

I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order etc it does not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.

Letterhead issue:

Remove the app.html from the url and it should work.

Also edit it in your letter head record (so that it does not crop up again). I tried creating a new letter head and it did not do this for me so I am curious how "app.html" got included in there!

- Rushabh

On 04-Jun-2012, at 11:40 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Ryan,

Yes i will look into setting up a wiki page for ERPNext as i seriously do not have enough good things to say about your software besides ERPNext deserves recognition.  Plus you and the crew are always helping me and others here really it it the least i can do.  Also i have a partner that is interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its only one, but that is how things get started.  If i can convince him how great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some paid development on your end. I can praise the product to keep you going, and might be able to drum up some money for it too.  I just don't have any myself right now haha.

Regarding your issues:

1. Can you right click on your broken images and select “Open Image on a new page” and let us know the URL and the error messages?

Yes i noticed the url was also poking around with firebug while i waited for help

Here is the broken image

Not Found

Here is the print image that is working looking at this it should be files instead of app.html just no sure how to go about fixing it.

best,
Rushabh

First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years.  In my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense.  ERPNext makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a tall order for ERP software these days.  Something as simple as clicking on Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right there.   Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the Sales Invoice I just created.  Anyways i could go on and on about how great ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering ERPNext awesomeness.  However i know there is a post somewhere about testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a testimonial.

Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone soon, but barely successful computer consulting company ;)  , don’t get me wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting  skills just none of my skills pertain to making money.  Basically i’m addicted to my computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.

Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext is functional, which is soon i hope. I  also Plan to do my taxes for last year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.

First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a torn image symbol in its place.  The same behaviour is encountered when i add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have sent out last Friday :slight_smile: and would love to show off the image feature of my new ERP system!

I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto populate when creating items   It also gives a message about how i should create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems like i might be hard to remove later.

etc… "

I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order etc it does  not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.

How do i remove the app.html from an email of a Sales Order the image that is not showing is a product Image and it is auto generated. Seems anything email is my Nemesis.

Also i created a new letterhead and get the same problem the app.html is still in there

Strange how print works fine however i normally email my clients

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Letterhead issue:

Also edit it in your letter head record (so that it does not crop up again). I tried creating a new letter head and it did not do this for me so I am curious how "app.html" got included in there!

- Rushabh

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Ryan,

Yes i will look into setting up a wiki page for ERPNext as i seriously do not have enough good things to say about your software besides ERPNext deserves recognition. Plus you and the crew are always helping me and others here really it it the least i can do. Also i have a partner that is interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its only one, but that is how things get started. If i can convince him how great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some paid development on your end. I can praise the product to keep you going, and might be able to drum up some money for it too. I just don't have any myself right now haha.

Regarding your issues:

Here is the broken image

Not Found

best,
Rushabh

etc… "

Still not working for me

On Jun 4, 2012 1:22 AM, "Ryan vAN GINNEKEN" <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
How do i remove the app.html from an email of a Sales Order the image that is not showing is a product Image and it is auto generated. Seems anything email is my Nemesis.

Also i created a new letterhead and get the same problem the app.html is still in there

Letterhead issue:

- Rushabh

Dear Ryan,

Regarding your issues:

Here is the broken image

Not Found

best,
Rushabh

etc… "

Ok just to confirm after doing the update i have created a brand new product, and thein a brandnew quotation, and i still have broken links on my email verion for both the letterhead and the item images here are the links being generated. In fact i think the update may have made things worse as i do noot have a letterhead logo anymore in print version only item images work now when printing.

http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/cklogo.png
http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/09_sun-001.jpg

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN <ry…@gmail.com> wrote:

Still not working for me

On Jun 4, 2012 1:22 AM, "Ryan vAN GINNEKEN" <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Letterhead issue:

- Rushabh

Dear Ryan,

Regarding your issues:

Here is the broken image

Not Found

best,
Rushabh

etc… "

Hi Ryan,

Let us continue the discussion on the developer forum.

Here is the change which was done to mitigate the app.html issue:

As you can see, get_base_url function extracts the part of the url
prior to the app.html.
To test if it is working on your system, please start the
developer’s/web console of your browser when logged into your erpnext
installation. Then, call:
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

you should be getting something like this:
http://sun.computerking.ca:18188

If not, please let me know what you are getting.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN
ry...@gmail.com wrote:

Ok just to confirm after doing the update i have created a brand new
product, and thein a brandnew quotation, and i still have broken links on my
email verion for both the letterhead and the item images here are the links
being generated. In fact i think the update may have made things worse as i
do noot have a letterhead logo anymore in print version only item images
work now when printing.

http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/cklogo.png
http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/09_sun-001.jpg

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN
ry...@gmail.com wrote:

Still not working for me

On Jun 4, 2012 1:22 AM, “Ryan vAN GINNEKEN” ry...@gmail.com
wrote:

How do i remove the app.html from an email of a Sales Order the image
that is not showing is a product Image and it is auto generated. Seems
anything email is my Nemesis.

Also i created a new letterhead and get the same problem the app.html is
still in there

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Rushabh Mehta rm...@gmail.com wrote:

Letterhead issue:

Also edit it in your letter head record (so that it does not crop up
again). I tried creating a new letter head and it did not do this for me so
I am curious how “app.html” got included in there!

• Rushabh

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta rm...@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for your kind words. This is the stuff that really keeps us
going and motivated to build a better product :slight_smile:

Good luck with your ERPNext setup. An ERP is a real complex product and
we are a small team so there is a limit on how fast we can improve the
product!

List of ERP software packages - Wikipedia

We cannot do it our selves due to conflict of interest. So it would be
best if anyone from the community can take a bit of initiative in this as
this is the #1 listing of Open Source ERPs.

You will need to create a page for ERPNext like
(SQL-Ledger - Wikipedia) and then link it on the main page.

It is a shame that many other ERPs that are not half as complete as
ERPNext are there on that list and somehow ERPNext is being discriminated
against.

Yes i will look into setting up a wiki page for ERPNext as i seriously
do not have enough good things to say about your software besides ERPNext
deserves recognition. Plus you and the crew are always helping me and
others here really it it the least i can do. Also i have a partner that is
interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its
only one, but that is how things get started. If i can convince him how
great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it
will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some
paid development on your end. I can praise the product to keep you going,
and might be able to drum up some money for it too. I just don’t have any
myself right now haha.

Regarding your issues:

1. Can you right click on your broken images and select “Open Image on
    a new page” and let us know the URL and the error messages?

Yes i noticed the url was also poking around with firebug while i waited
for help

Here is the broken image

Not Found

The requested URL /app.html/files/09_sun.jpg was not found on this
server.

Here is the print image that is working looking at this it should be
files instead of app.html just no sure how to go about fixing it.

1. Default Warehouse: You are right - it should automatically update.
    We will fix this in our upcoming release. No you don’t have to create any
    more warehouses (if you are not using them)

1. Taxes: You need to create a Tax master. See this link for more help

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-create-template-for-taxes-and.html

best,
Rushabh

First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really
incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell
you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years. In
my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why
bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense. ERPNext
makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a
tall order for ERP software these days. Something as simple as clicking on
Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to
filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right
there. Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i
need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the
Sales Invoice I just created. Anyways i could go on and on about how great
ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering
ERPNext awesomeness. However i know there is a post somewhere about
testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a
testimonial.

Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone
soon, but barely successful computer consulting company :wink: , don’t get me
wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting skills just none
of my skills pertain to making money. Basically i’m addicted to my
computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are
always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.

Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to
do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext
is functional, which is soon i hope. I also Plan to do my taxes for last
year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of
my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.

First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it
works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a
torn image symbol in its place. The same behaviour is encountered when i
add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help
me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have
sent out last Friday :slight_smile: and would love to show off the image feature of my
new ERP system!

I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto
populate when creating items It also gives a message about how i should
create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another
warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems
like i might be hard to remove later.

will be fetched automatically while making Sales Order, Delivery Note, etc…
"

I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make
sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order
etc it does not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.

Lastly the + signs are a great feature but should default to open in a
new tab

PS let me know if it is better to create individual posts for each
issue as i am sure there are many more to come.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum?hl=en.

I no this is more than you asked for but there are some questionable looking entries in there.  I think most of them have to do with some features i disabled using the ERPNext setup page.

Looks like it is getting the correct url when i run the requested command

[11:20:26.496] Starting up... @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2256
[11:20:31.109] (new TypeError("d.search is not a function", "http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js", 476)) @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:379
--
[11:23:58.950] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:23:58.952] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:24:17.494] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:24:17.495] _f.set_value - has_batch_no: "Item,sun-1" not found @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:1857
[11:24:17.497] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:24:17.498] _f.set_value - inspection_required: "Item,sun-1" not found @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:1857
--
[11:30:26.005] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:30:26.007] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:31:20.585] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:31:20.586] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:31:34.715] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:31:34.717] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:31:53.597] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:31:53.599] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:32:43.559] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:32:43.562] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:33:35.005] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:33:35.007] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[11:34:20.723] hide_field cannot find field Manufacturing @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
[11:34:20.724] hide_field cannot find field Item Inspection Criteria @ http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/js/all-app.js:2145
--
[12:15:28.666] POST http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/index.cgi [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 2569ms]
--
[12:15:49.783] wn.urllib.get_base_url()

[12:15:49.786] "http://sun.computerking.ca:18188"
--
[12:17:28.666] POST http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/index.cgi [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 430ms]

Also i looked at the dom.js file to make sure the fix was there and it seems right

// returns the base url with http + domain + path (-index.cgi or # or ?)
        get_base_url: function() {
                var url= window.location.href.split('#'
)[0].split('?')[0].split('app.html')[0];
                if(url.substr(url.length-1, 1)=='/') url = url.substr(0, url.length-1)

On Monday, June 4, 2012 11:45:27 AM UTC-6, Anand Doshi wrote:
Hi Ryan,

https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework/commit/0631708cd04df3163b6d22385d35125e0cd8e748

prior to the app.html.
developer's/web console of your browser when logged into your erpnext
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

Thanks,
Anand.

<ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok just to confirm after doing the update i have created a brand new
> product, and thein a brandnew quotation, and i still have broken links on my
> email verion for both the letterhead and the item images here are the links
> being generated.  In fact i think the update may have made things worse as i
> do noot have a letterhead logo anymore in print version only item images
> work now when printing.
>
> http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/cklogo.png
> http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/09_sun-001.jpg
>
>
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN
> <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Still not working for me
>>
>> On Jun 4, 2012 1:22 AM, "Ryan vAN GINNEKEN" <ry...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How do i remove the app.html from an email of a Sales Order the image
>>> that is not showing is a product Image and it is auto generated.  Seems
>>> anything email is my Nemesis.
>>>
>>> Also i created a new letterhead and get the same problem the app.html is
>>> still in there
>>>
>>> Strange how print works fine however i normally email my clients
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Letterhead issue:
>>>>
>>>> Remove the app.html from the url and it should work.
>>>>
>>>> Also edit it in your letter head record (so that it does not crop up
>>>> again). I tried creating a new letter head and it did not do this for me so
>>>> I am curious how "app.html" got included in there!
>>>>
>>>> - Rushabh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 04-Jun-2012, at 11:40 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear Ryan,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks for your kind words. This is the stuff that really keeps us
>>>>> going and motivated to build a better product :)
>>>>>
>>>>> Good luck with your ERPNext setup. An ERP is a real complex product and
>>>>> we are a small team so there is a limit on how fast we can improve the
>>>>> product!
>>>>>
>>>>> If you want to help us, please create a wikipedia page for us.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ERP_software_packages
>>>>>
>>>>> We cannot do it our selves due to conflict of interest. So it would be
>>>>> best if anyone from the community can take a bit of initiative in this as
>>>>> this is the #1 listing of Open Source ERPs.
>>>>>
>>>>> You will need to create a page for ERPNext like
>>>>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL-Ledger) and then link it on the main page.
>>>>>
>>>>> It is a shame that many other ERPs that are not half as complete as
>>>>> ERPNext are there on that list and somehow ERPNext is being discriminated
>>>>> against.
>>>>>
>>>>> I would request others from this forum also to help us set this up.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Yes i will look into setting up a wiki page for ERPNext as i seriously
>>>> do not have enough good things to say about your software besides ERPNext
>>>> deserves recognition.  Plus you and the crew are always helping me and
>>>> others here really it it the least i can do.  Also i have a partner that is
>>>> interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its
>>>> only one, but that is how things get started.  If i can convince him how
>>>> great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it
>>>> will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some
>>>> paid development on your end. I can praise the product to keep you going,
>>>> and might be able to drum up some money for it too.  I just don't have any
>>>> myself right now haha.
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Regarding your issues:
>>>>>
>>>>> 1. Can you right click on your broken images and select "Open Image on
>>>>> a new page" and let us know the URL and the error messages?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Yes i noticed the url was also poking around with firebug while i waited
>>>> for help
>>>>
>>>> Here is the broken image
>>>>
>>>> http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/app.html/files/09_sun.jpg
>>>>
>>>> Not Found
>>>>
>>>> The requested URL /app.html/files/09_sun.jpg was not found on this
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>> ________________________________
>>>> Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at sun.computerking.ca Port 18188
>>>>
>>>> Here is the print image that is working looking at this it should be
>>>> files instead of app.html just no sure how to go about fixing it.
>>>>
>>>> http://sun.computerking.ca:18188/files/09_sun.jpg
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> 2. Default Warehouse: You are right - it should automatically update.
>>>>> We will fix this in our upcoming release. No you don't have to create any
>>>>> more warehouses (if you are not using them)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> No biggy here i can wait on this
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> 3. Taxes: You need to create a Tax master. See this link for more help
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-create-template-for-taxes-and.html
>>>>>
>>>>> Please feel free to ask questions on this forum.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> best,
>>>>> Rushabh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------------------
>>>>> ERPNext - Business Operating System
>>>>>
>>>>> W: https://erpnext.com
>>>>> T: @rushabh_mehta
>>>>>
>>>>> On 04-Jun-2012, at 2:57 AM, Ryan vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> First let me start out by saying ERPNext is fantastic i mean it really
>>>>> incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell
>>>>> you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years.  In
>>>>> my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why
>>>>> bother they all fell short of my expectations of making sense.  ERPNext
>>>>> makes sense to me I know this seems like a basic request, but is seems a
>>>>> tall order for ERP software these days.  Something as simple as clicking on
>>>>> Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to
>>>>> filter or add a new Sales Invoice, and every other usefull feature right
>>>>> there.   Not just a blank screen with a ton of complex seach terms that i
>>>>> need to attend a 5 day seminar somewhere 1000km from my home to find the
>>>>> Sales Invoice I just created.  Anyways i could go on and on about how great
>>>>> ERPNext is but this is not the time or place and i am still discovering
>>>>> ERPNext awesomeness.  However i know there is a post somewhere about
>>>>> testimonials that i will surely get too and would love to contribute a
>>>>> testimonial.
>>>>>
>>>>> Some background i run a small one person hope to be hiring someone
>>>>> soon, but barely successful computer consulting company ;)  , don't get me
>>>>> wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting  skills just none
>>>>> of my skills pertain to making money.  Basically i'm addicted to my
>>>>> computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are
>>>>> always about 100 problems to solve somewhere in my cyberscape.
>>>>>
>>>>> Being completely overwhelmed most of the time, I plan to us ERPNext to
>>>>> do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext
>>>>> is functional, which is soon i hope. I  also Plan to do my taxes for last
>>>>> year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of
>>>>> my ramblings here goes with some of my initial questions.
>>>>>
>>>>> First i have added an image of the type png to my letter head and it
>>>>> works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a
>>>>> torn image symbol in its place.  The same behaviour is encountered when i
>>>>> add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help
>>>>> me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have
>>>>> sent out last Friday :) and would love to show off the image feature of my
>>>>> new ERP system!
>>>>>
>>>>> I have setup a Warehouse as Default Warehouse, but it does not auto
>>>>> populate when creating items   It also gives a message about how i should
>>>>> create a warehouse what am i missing here. Maybe i need to create another
>>>>> warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems
>>>>> like i might be hard to remove later.
>>>>>
>>>>> "As we maintain stock of this item, its better to maintain default
>>>>> warehouse. To add default warehouse please go to 'Inventory' section. It
>>>>> will be fetched automatically while making Sales Order, Delivery Note, etc..
>>>>> "
>>>>>
>>>>> I have setup a tax called GST and each time i create an item i make
>>>>> sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order
>>>>> etc it does  not auto populate and i have to enter GST on each item.
>>>>>
>>>>> Lastly the + signs are a great feature but should default to open in a
>>>>> new tab
>>>>>
>>>>> PS let me know if it is better to create individual posts for each
>>>>> issue as i am sure there are many more to come.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>

Hi Ryan,

https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework/commit/0631708cd04df3163b6d22385d35125e0cd8e748

prior to the app.html.
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

Thanks,
Anand.

<ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> still in there
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Letterhead issue:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> again). I tried creating a new letter head and it did not do this for me so
>>>>
>>>> - Rushabh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear Ryan,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> product!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL-Ledger) and then link it on the main page.
>>>>>
>>>>> against.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> others here really it it the least i can do.  Also i have a partner that is
>>>> interested in EPRNext I will be discussing it with him this week I know its
>>>> great ERPNext is and that he should dump quick books and his existing pos it
>>>> will become a group collaboration between him, myself and will require some
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> for help
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Not Found
>>>>
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/02/how-to-create-template-for-taxes-and.html
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> best,
>>>>> Rushabh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> incredible piece of software exactly what i was looking for, and let me tell
>>>>> you i have tried alots of similar products over the last about 10 years.  In
>>>>> my mind nothing comes close i could mention all that i have tried, but why
>>>>> tall order for ERP software these days.  Something as simple as clicking on
>>>>> Sales Invoices and getting a list of sales invoices as well as a option to
>>>>> Sales Invoice I just created.  Anyways i could go on and on about how great
>>>>> testimonial.
>>>>>
>>>>> soon, but barely successful computer consulting company ;)  , don't get me
>>>>> wrong i have mad computer, technical, and troubleshooting  skills just none
>>>>> computers rarely leaving the house in order to sell my skills as there are
>>>>>
>>>>> do all my book keeping invoicing and soon webstore when that part of ERPNext
>>>>> year and am sure i will have questions about that too, but anyways enough of
>>>>>
>>>>> works perfectly when i print a document, but if i email a document i get a
>>>>> add an image to an item via the html description field please can you help
>>>>> me get to the bottom of this as i have some quotations i would like to have
>>>>> sent out last Friday :) and would love to show off the image feature of my
>>>>> new ERP system!
>>>>>
>>>>> warehouse but i do not want a bunch right now i only have one, and it seems
>>>>>
>>>>> will be fetched automatically while making Sales Order, Delivery Note, etc..
>>>>> "
>>>>>
>>>>> sure to add the GST as the tax but when i create a Quotation or Sales Order
>>>>>
>>>>> new tab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>

Hi Ryan,

prior to the app.html.
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

Thanks,
Anand.

<ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> still in there
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Letterhead issue:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - Rushabh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear Ryan,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> product!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> against.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> for help
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Not Found
>>>>
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> best,
>>>>> Rushabh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> testimonial.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new ERP system!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new tab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>

Hi Ryan,

prior to the app.html.
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

Thanks,
Anand.

<ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> still in there
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Letterhead issue:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - Rushabh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear Ryan,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> product!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> against.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> for help
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Not Found
>>>>
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> best,
>>>>> Rushabh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> testimonial.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new ERP system!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new tab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>

Hi Ryan,

prior to the app.html.
wn.urllib.get_base_url()

Thanks,
Anand.

<ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>>
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> still in there
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Letterhead issue:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - Rushabh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Dear Ryan,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> product!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> against.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> for help
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Not Found
>>>>
>>>> server.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> best,
>>>>> Rushabh
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> testimonial.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new ERP system!
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> new tab
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/erpnext-developer-forum/-/MyAMWMUUew4J.

To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum?hl=en.