Google Drive Integration: URI Change

I have spent the last 3 hours trying to integrate google drive to v14 using the available documentation but came up short. I was almost going to give up until my eyes caught the request url being different from what was in the documentation. I had to dig into the code to find that the call_back function does not exist in google_drive anymore. Rather a global callback function has been created in google_auth.

For those who may have been stuck as i was for hours, simply use this redirect url:

{site.url}/api/method/frappe.integrations.google_oauth.callback

Whoever has access to the documentation should also update it to show the changes so someone else does not suffer like i did.

3 Likes

Me either, after I can’t find method google_callback() in google_drive.py, I think document is not up to date.

And then I find your post, thank you.

It sounds like you’ve been through quite the adventure with your Google Drive integration! Thanks for sharing your discovery about the callback function. It’s frustrating when documentation doesn’t match up with the actual implementation. Your tip about using the redirect URL will surely help others facing the same issue.