[Guide] How to install ERPNext v14 on Linux Ubuntu (step-by-step instructions)

Hi I am trying to install erpnext 14 on ubuntu in azure Vm and having some issues while creating a new site can anyone please help me with this reach out to me 9182466041

change the version in bench init line from version-14 to version-13 for frappe and ERPNext. That’s the the only edit needed.

What error its showing while creating site?
can you please share the screenshot?

This is the error but my.cnf file is having same as mentioned in the guide to install

sudo nano /etc/mysql/my.cnf

and add this to the my.cnf file

[mysqld]
character-set-client-handshake = FALSE
character-set-server = utf8mb4
collation-server = utf8mb4_unicode_ci

[mysql]
default-character-set = utf8mb4

1 Like

@shashank_shirke , you are one of the awesomest guy i’ve met here. thanks for sharing this. I’m a python guy who is starting to love the erpnext and your steps are a big help for me.

using the Script in Virtual box machine ubuntu 22.02
I get Internal Server Error after installation completed

Something must have broken during the install. check if the site was created and if possible, drop the site and recreate it manually.

u created an auto script for installation, right?

Yes I did

not sure why people using this manual rather than ur script, i find ur script perfectly done.

I tied fresh install and the same error came again

pymysql.err.OperationalError: (1698, "Access denied for user '_090c6566b954a696'                    @'localhost'")

i think there is something wrong with SQL installation in your script,

is there a way to install erpnext into server A but the database is installed in somewhere else?
I’m planning to use AWS EC2 for the erpnext but i want to use AWS RDS for the database

You have to use the same root password you used the first time you ran the script since you are running it again on the same server as the MariaDB setup has already been completed.

yes. in your common_site_config.json file, add “db_host”: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, with XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX being the ip address of the AWS RDS service.

1 Like

I used in new Ubuntu image, not on the same server

i see… okay, will try. Thanks flexy2ky

@shashank_shirke can we add the branch in hrms
reference : Frappe HR: Changes to Branching and Versioning

because when i ran bench migrate i got some issues.

The `develop` branch of Frappe HR is no longer compatible with Frappe & ERPNext's `version-14`.
Since you are using ERPNext/Frappe `version-14` please switch Frappe HR's branch to `version-14` and then proceed with the update

You can switch the branch by following the steps mentioned here: https://github.com/frappe/hrms/wiki/Changes-to-branching-and-versioning

Hi, everyone. i’ve tried installing ERP next in WSL. All the setup commands executed perfectly fine. But, not able to see the site in localhost:8000. Do you have suggestions related to this.[ as wsl uses ubuntu 22.04 as default]

Hi,
i tried to use the script but after i am asked administrator password as in line 275;

screen is freezed at;

can’t do anything, if i press any key, random chars appears.
i used ubuntu 22.04.2 on VirtualBox.