Help cash-driven businesses better understand "paid" vs "invoiced"

The following PR allows businesses in cash-driven economies to manage their Sales Orders (but also Purchase Orders) based on the payment status, rather than the invoice status.

It helps to clarify to your personnel the decisive distinction between “paid” and “invoiced” in your order processing and fulfillment operations with ease.

All I need is product owner feedback and a technical review to bring this feature to compleation and make it available to a wider range of businesses that use ERPNext for their operations.

2 Likes

Initially, we employed a filter based on “advance paid” > 0 to identify sales orders with advance payments. However, this approach proved to be insufficient for our operational needs, and this was because with this filter we couldn’t see easily to whom we didn’t yet request a payment or to whom we have already requested a payment but no payment has been received and we needed to follow up on the customer.

Given the volume of sales orders processed daily and the diverse payment methods used by customers, such as payment gateways or direct transfers, our sales team required a more nuanced understanding of the payment request “status” directly from the sales order view. This enabled them to efficiently identify customers whom to request payments from or who to follow up with.

The introduction of the advance payment status filter now allows us to categorize sales orders precisely. It provides insights into who has “paid,” who has been “requested” to pay but hasn’t done so yet, who has “not been requested” and thus requires a payment request, and those who have “partially paid,” indicating potential actions needed by the sales team.

Here’s a glimpse of how the advance payment status filter operates:

1 Like

Thanks @Ruthra for your QA effort on the PR. I really appreciate it very much. That was an excellent and welcomed opportunity for me to polish off this feature. :handshake: Next round :pray:

This does look like a good feature to have. Merged :tada:

2 Likes