Help Needed in Making a Report on Supplier

Hi,

I am unable to make a report on supplier which has the following fields:

1. Supplier ID or Name
  2. Supplier Type
  3. Email ID
  4. Name of the Contact Person
  5. Mobile Number

Please let me know if there is a way to make this kind of report. Basically this report is a combination of Supplier and the contacts of the supplier and address report. Please let me know if this kind of a report is possible with pre-defined filters.

I see that Addy’s problem is common throughout ERPNext, wherever the Report Builder is used. The choice to store Addresses and Contacts in linked files makes a lot of sense, but these linked files need to be available to be pulled into reports.

Is is possible to update the architecture of ERPNext to make this possible in Report Builder reports?

For example, if I want to “Build a Report” from the Customer list, I can’t include columns for email or phone numbers in the report as these are in other (linked) tables. I realize the Report Builder is a simple user interface element, but perhaps an Advanced button at the top where the user could add linked tables would be a way to handle it.

I see more sophisticated reports that you have included where linked table data IS available, but cannot find any access to these report tools to create my own reports with them.

Is it possible to provide access to these report tools and information on how to build reports using them?

Thanks,
Paul Stary

On Friday, November 16, 2012 8:26:11 PM UTC-8, Addy wrote:
Hi,

1. Supplier ID or Name
  2. Supplier Type
  3. Email ID
  5. Mobile Number

Please let me know if there is a way to make this kind of report. Basically this report is a combination of Supplier and the contacts of the supplier and address report. Please let me know if this kind of a report is possible with pre-defined filters.

Hi Paul / Aditya,

The reason we are not allowing advanced reports is that it may lead to performance and security issues.

If you have specific reports, please list them so we can get them made.

(This week might be a bit slow due to low staffing - its a holiday week here in India) but we will take up reports on priority in the coming weeks.

best,
Rushabh

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Paul Stary <pa...@virtual-gt.com> wrote:
I see that Addy's problem is common throughout ERPNext, wherever the Report Builder is used. The choice to store Addresses and Contacts in linked files makes a lot of sense, but these linked files need to be available to be pulled into reports.

Is is possible to update the architecture of ERPNext to make this possible in Report Builder reports?

For example, if I want to "Build a Report" from the Customer list, I can't include columns for email or phone numbers in the report as these are in other (linked) tables. I realize the Report Builder is a simple user interface element, but perhaps an Advanced button at the top where the user could add linked tables would be a way to handle it.

I see more sophisticated reports that you have included where linked table data IS available, but cannot find any access to these report tools to create my own reports with them.

Is it possible to provide access to these report tools and information on how to build reports using them?

Thanks,
Paul Stary

On Friday, November 16, 2012 8:26:11 PM UTC-8, Addy wrote:
Hi,

1. Supplier ID or Name
  2. Supplier Type
  3. Email ID
  5. Mobile Number

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta