Help on Workflow Rules

Dear All,

I have just recently started to work with Workflow and I could not help myself with much of the functionality. I would like to know the following:

• Can I use the Workflow to set certain rules like: IF the OTHER CHARGES in an INVOICE is equal to CST WITH C-FORM then it should automatically make the C-Form required field as YES

I have many other rules like this which I would like to implement but I don’t have the CODING power with me hence writing a CUSTOM SCRIPT is kind of difficult but if these kind of things are possible through the WORKFLOW then this could greatly increase the productivity of my people and also reduce the errors.

Hello Aditya,

This doesn't look configurable but will require customization coding effort on our part.

Thanks and regards,
Umair Sayyed

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@rigpl.com> wrote:

Dear All,

I have just recently started to work with Workflow and I could not help myself with much of the functionality. I would like to know the following:

• Can I use the Workflow to set certain rules like: IF the OTHER CHARGES in an INVOICE is equal to CST WITH C-FORM then it should automatically make the C-Form required field as YES

I have many other rules like this which I would like to implement but I don't have the CODING power with me hence writing a CUSTOM SCRIPT is kind of difficult but if these kind of things are possible through the WORKFLOW then this could greatly increase the productivity of my people and also reduce the errors.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----

Well I am willing to support the development of the Workflow engine since I think it is an abandoned doc as of now in the system. I think a Workflow Engine would be a good thing for people like me to add some personal rules on some of the transactions

On Friday, March 2, 2012 10:54:41 AM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Hello Aditya,

This doesn’t look configurable but will require customization coding effort on our part.

Thanks and regards,
Umair Sayyed

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@rigpl.com> wrote:

Dear All,

I have many other rules like this which I would like to implement but I don't have the CODING power with me hence writing a CUSTOM SCRIPT is kind of difficult but if these kind of things are possible through the WORKFLOW then this could greatly increase the productivity of my people and also reduce the errors.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Aditya,

lets hold this for a couple of months. Otherwise we will never be able to complete the webshop! You can drop a mail on the technical forum if some developers on it want to give a crack.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 02-Mar-2012, at 5:08 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Well I am willing to support the development of the Workflow engine since I think it is an abandoned doc as of now in the system. I think a Workflow Engine would be a good thing for people like me to add some personal rules on some of the transactions

On Friday, March 2, 2012 10:54:41 AM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Hello Aditya,

This doesn't look configurable but will require customization coding effort on our part.

Thanks and regards,
Umair Sayyed

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Aditya Duggal <ad...@rigpl.com> wrote:
Dear All,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com