Help with Backup to Dropbox - Error

First I want to apologize if there are any grammatical errors, I’m using Google Translate.

I’m trying to enable automatic backup, but I have difficulties, do not have much experience with the commands, but appears to be very simple.

I used the instructions of the following sites:
1 - Frappe Cloud
2 - Frappe Cloud

I did the following:
1 - First I tried to install the Pre-requirements as described on the site 1 (pip install dropbox) and the whole line looked like this:

erpnext@erpnext-vm:~$ pip install dropbox

2 - Then he began to download the files and presented the following error

copying tests/test_client.py -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.7/tests
copying dropbox/trusted-certs.crt -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.7/dropbox
copying tests/server.crt -> build/lib.linux-i686-2/tests
copying tests/server.key -> build/lib.linux-i686-2.7/tests
running install_lib
creating /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox
error: could not create '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dropbox': Permission denied.
-------------------------------------
Cleaning up....
Command /usr/bin/python2.7 -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip_build_erpnext/dropbox/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-vdnDVU-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed compile failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip_build_erpnext/dropbox
Storing debug log for failure in /home/erpnext/.pip/pip.log
erpnext@erpnext-vm:~$

Comments:
○ I am a user of ERPNext Open Source (my own server);
○ I already have account on Dropbox;
○ I have created the Dropbox application as described on the site 2;

dropbox python library is already pre-installed, you can skip this step.

First, I apologize for the delay to respond, thanks for the reply.

But I can not access the file “site_config.json” to add the “App Key” and the “App Secret”. Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I tried manually by Backup Manager tab that appears two backup files, but can not download them, when I click, opens another page, but it is blank. I tried to click the right button and save the file, but the following message appears:

Unknown server error. Please try again or contact the server administrator.

**Note: Thanks for putting the topic in the correct category.

It will be in your bench/sites/[site name] folder.

I had already done that, but it appears that when I type this command at the prompt …

Managed to make the process of editing the site_config.json, I am learning to use the Linux system gradually … Thank you for your attention.

1 Like