How can I move the Opportunity in 'More Information' section in a Quote to be higher up the screen?

Using:-
ERPNext v10.1.21 (master)
Frappe Framework: v10.1.22 (master)

I’ve tried customising the Quotation doctype to move the ‘More Information’ section and ‘Opportunity reference’ to further up in the main part of the form on the screen but when I press save none of these modifications stick.

I’ve previously customised the Quote doctype successfully adding other fields and moving things around a little fine, but can’t get the More Information and Opportunity number to budge at all. Why is this and is there a way to show the Opportunity reference more clearly further up the screen?

"
I’ve previously customised the Quote doctype successfully adding other fields and moving things around a little fine, but can’t get the More Information and Opportunity number to budge at all. Why is this and is there a way to show the Opportunity reference more clearly further up the screen?
"

So you have had some success and know more than me then - I am not at all informed here and must dig into this sometime…

This intrigues me that I must investigate Print Format in erpnext - #15 by kolate_sambhaji

Hello @clarkej

I did find out why I can’t do what i want and some pointers to how it can be done.

Basically there is a good reason why standard fields cannot be moved around when customising a doctype. It’s because when this was previously permitted back around vers 5 or 6, it broke things quite a bit. EG if the Opportunity field is in position 80 on the Quotation Doctype and moved to position 30 then there is a chance that the form may break especially on an update. . The original discussion is here

Note - you can move any newly added custom fields as much as you like because these are personal to your install and will not be affected.

Personally I think there should be some feedback to explain why std fields cannot be moved when customising a doctype as ERPNext allows you to move fields , but just never saves the changes - there is no feedback that this isn’t permitted. Likewise the Documentation isn’t very explicit in this area.