How can i override auto calculated TDS deduction amount in Salary Slip

Hi everyone,

I’m facing an issue with TDS deduction in ERPNext while generating Salary Slips. Currently, TDS is calculated automatically based on the salary component configuration, which works fine in most cases. However, for certain Salary Slips, I need to override the TDS amount manually.

I’ve tried editing the TDS amount directly in the Salary Slip before saving, but after saving, the system recalculates and replaces the manually entered value with the auto-calculated one. This makes it impossible for me to retain the manual entry.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or found a workaround to override the TDS amount manually in specific Salary Slips? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

If you want to enter the amount manually, create another salary component like “TDS M”, delete the “TDS” component from the salary slip, and add the “TDS M” component to enter the amount.

Actually, I already tried this. But after saving the salary slip, the auto calculated TDS amount also automatically added int the slip.