I have setup test instances on multiple servers, and now I’m looking at having them all on 1 server and with a multitenant setup.
I think this may involve merging databases, I’m not sure how though. I’m going to test different approaches, including restoring backups onto my new ERPNext server. Just wondering if there’s a straight forward way to do this.
Based on what I have done, which is similar to yours.
- Create/Setup Multitenant for all the sites you want to merge into the one server.
- By going with the Multi Tenant option, ERPNext creates a separate database for each site, which works out easier.
- Ensure that all instances are the same version to the Multi Tenant Instance, update the others if you have to, this will make life sooo much easier as well.
- Backup the other instances
- Upload the backup sql files to each individual site
- Restore each of the other instances individually to the Multi Tenant Instance
Hope this helps.