I’ve been experimenting a bit with V7, but I was hoping to get a few answers here so I don’t need to guess and test.
A quotation is made to a client, and a sales order is generated after. Good.
Can RFQ’s be made for all the parts on the quote and their BOM’s?
Do RFQ’s have to be manually triggered, or can a sales order trigger draft RFQ’s for all possible vendors?
Is it easy to generate a purchase order from an RFQ?
Thanks in advance for your help
This is how I plan on using the RFQ process.
- Quotation can generate a Sales Order.
- After Sales order is placed, use the Production Planning Tool to create Production Orders and Purchased Material Requests.
- Use Material Requests to generate RFQs (currently you need to manually pull in each MR in the RFQ, but maybe we can improve this?)
- RFQs will then have a Supplier Quotation for each vendor for those items. Suppliers can create these themselves using the portal, if desired.
- Purchase Orders can be created from the supplier quotations.
Let me know if you’ve got any other questions
Thank you. That all sounds like what I require.
I can’t seem to pull an MR into an RFQ.
MR’s were all made with the Production Planning tool, current status “pending”. When I create a new RFQ I have the option to get items from MR’s but none of them show up, I can only create a new one. Looks like if I make an MR manually then it has the option to generate an RFQ. If I create them from the Production Planning Tool then they only have the option to generate a PO, no RFQ or supplier quotation.
Answer: I see, the Production Planning tool is creating “Manufacture” Material requests instead of “Purchase”.