How to add an image field in Company master table [solved]

We have a multi company setup and everytime we need to select respective letterhead in the respective documents which leads to unnecessary clicks and data entry. Instead we want to add an image field in company masters for the company’s logo and name in image format. I tried but it gives an error that fieldtype cannot be attach. Can anybody suggest how to do it. Thanks.

Hi,
You can simply add two custom fields. One is for attach image having type ‘Attach’ and another for image view having type ‘Image’.

Regards,
Priya Shitole,
New Indictrans Technology Pvt.Ltd.

Doesn’t work for us. If we go through custom fields, it does not have fieldtype attach. If we go through customize form it doesnt save the form and displays that fieldtype cannot be attach.

Do you have each user creating entry for the specific company only? If yes, you can define default Letter Head for a User in the User Permission Manager.

User 1 - Letter Head - Company A
User 2 - Letter Head - Company B

With this, Letter Head will be auto-updated in the transactions based on User ID.

Hi,
If you use Frappe 4 version then you have add these two fields directly in doctype. Refer following screen shots.

Otherwise in Frappe 5 field type 'Attach ’ is available.

Regards,
Priya Shitole,
New Indictrans Technology Pvt.Ltd.

We have a common user preparing entries for both the companies. Can we have a custom field for default letterhead for each of the company. I tried this but it gives an error.

Thanks this works in version 4 and the image gets uploaded but it doesnt show after getting uploaded, am i missing something or can i use it in my print formats.

Got it working. there was a silly mistake in image view options i had typed image with a capital I. Now everything is working. Thanks again for your help.