How to add more fields in Restrict By in Permissions Manager

Hi,

I have noticed that there is no way to add more fields in the Restrict by field of the permissions manager, wouldn’t it be nice if we could add more fields in the restrict by column.

Basically I am trying to link a user id to the Sales Person so that this user id is only able to see the transactions of his own sales persons.
Similarly I would like add a role which can only see those customers which are assigned to them.

Would n’t it be nice if we could add our custom fields and then restrict certain roles or user by add values to those fields.

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:24:22 AM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed that there is no way to add more fields in the Restrict by field of the permissions manager, wouldn’t it be nice if we could add more fields in the restrict by column.

Basically I am trying to link a user id to the Sales Person so that this user id is only able to see the transactions of his own sales persons.
Similarly I would like add a role which can only see those customers which are assigned to them.

I think I found something like

Defaults

These
values will be automatically updated in transactions and also will be
useful to restrict permissions for this user on transactions containing
these values

I don’t know if my query is related to this table in the users but I think this might do the trick, any help on this table would also be appreciated.

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:25:37 AM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Would n’t it be nice if we could add our custom fields and then restrict certain roles or user by add values to those fields.

Hi,

Aditya,

That is the right way. You can also add defaults in Role. We will try and make this more accessible!

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 11-Oct-2012, at 12:48 AM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

"

Defaults

These values will be automatically updated in transactions and also will be useful to restrict permissions for this user on transactions containing these values
"

I don't know if my query is related to this table in the users but I think this might do the trick, any help on this table would also be appreciated.

Would n't it be nice if we could add our custom fields and then restrict certain roles or user by add values to those fields.

Hi,

I have noticed that there is no way to add more fields in the Restrict by field of the permissions manager, wouldn't it be nice if we could add more fields in the restrict by column.

Well Rushabh,

I understand the we should add defaults to roles, but what should I add in the role defaults to restrict sales people from accessing only those customers which are under them.

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:25:39 AM UTC+5:30, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Aditya,

That is the right way. You can also add defaults in Role. We will try and make this more accessible!

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

These values will be automatically updated in transactions and also will be useful to restrict permissions for this user on transactions containing these values
"

I don't know if my query is related to this table in the users but I think this might do the trick, any help on this table would also be appreciated.

Would n't it be nice if we could add our custom fields and then restrict certain roles or user by add values to those fields.

Hi,

I have noticed that there is no way to add more fields in the Restrict by field of the permissions manager, wouldn't it be nice if we could add more fields in the restrict by column.

I am looking to restrict the users’ access by:

• Sales Person: If the sales person mentioned in the customer is same as that of the user then that user can access the customer otherwise not.
  • Assigned to: If a customer is assigned to a particular user then if that user did not had access to this customer then he can access the customer since it has been assigned to that user.
Please let me know how to go about this kind of scenario.

On Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:21:29 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:
Well Rushabh,

I understand the we should add defaults to roles, but what should I add in the role defaults to restrict sales people from accessing only those customers which are under them.

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

Dear Aditya,

Let's consider each scenario mentioned below.

1. Restricting by Sales Person:

You can only select link field present in parent table. Since Sales Person field is in child table, its not available in "restricted by option" in permission manager. We consider this as feature request and will add this in product in near future.

As a work around, you can insert one more field linked of Sales Person in the parent form of customer master. Then update value in that field via excel sheet. After this, you will be able to restrict users based on Sales Person mentioned in the parent field of Customer.

2. Assigned To:

Assigned to is not design and not in sync at all with permission manager. Please follow the above work around to make permission manager work for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Addy <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:

I am looking to restrict the users' access by:

• Sales Person: If the sales person mentioned in the customer is same as that of the user then that user can access the customer otherwise not.
  • Assigned to: If a customer is assigned to a particular user then if that user did not had access to this customer then he can access the customer since it has been assigned to that user.

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

Notice that in the permissions manager we cannot restrict a role to the users, thereby making a single rule for all the users under a role. For example:

If I would like to restrict a Role "Sales User" to see only those leads where the owner of the lead is the user then I cannot create such rule instead I have to create a rule for each user under that role to restrict them for individual user.

On Monday, October 29, 2012 12:14:25 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Dear Aditya,

You can only select link field present in parent table. Since Sales Person field is in child table, its not available in "restricted by option" in permission manager. We consider this as feature request and will add this in product in near future.

As a work around, you can insert one more field linked of Sales Person in the parent form of customer master. Then update value in that field via excel sheet. After this, you will be able to restrict users based on Sales Person mentioned in the parent field of Customer.

2. Assigned To:

Assigned to is not design and not in sync at all with permission manager. Please follow the above work around to make permission manager work for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

Please note that there is an option of restricting it by the owner, but this owner is the one who creates the lead or the transaction and there is no way of changing that owner that is why the lead owner field is useful which is kind of the work around which has been told by umair in an earlier post.

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:16:21 PM UTC+5:30, Addy wrote:

Notice that in the permissions manager we cannot restrict a role to the users, thereby making a single rule for all the users under a role. For example:

If I would like to restrict a Role “Sales User” to see only those leads where the owner of the lead is the user then I cannot create such rule instead I have to create a rule for each user under that role to restrict them for individual user.

Dear Aditya,

Let’s consider each scenario mentioned below.

You can only select link field present in parent table. Since Sales Person field is in child table, its not available in “restricted by option” in permission manager. We consider this as feature request and will add this in product in near future.

2. Assigned To:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

Dear Aditya,

I am not sure if understand your query completely. But for the example mentioned, I suggest a solution when you want to specify restriction for few users and not all the users with same role.

If you select "Owner" in restrict by, it will be applicable for all the Sales User. But for specified restriction, restrict based on "Lead Owner" and define the match between Profile and User.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Addy <ad…@gmail.com> wrote:

If I would like to restrict a Role "Sales User" to see only those leads where the owner of the lead is the user then I cannot create such rule instead I have to create a rule for each user under that role to restrict them for individual user.

Dear Aditya,

2. Assigned To:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

I am looking to restrict the users' access by:

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

Hi Developers,

I know every year ERPNext takes a long jump from what it can cater to but I think the permissions thing is still something lacking. For the past 3 years now (almost) we have not been able to get our sales people to join the erpnext system. The role for our sales people is not included in the current permissions manager since we want to do the following with the sales people.

1. Ability to see all customers where their name is in the Sales person table (currently there is no way to have restrictions based on child tables)
  2. Ability to see all transactions of customers like SO, DN and Sales Invoices (now I don't know if this would be possible even if the child tables permissions is also added)
  3. Ability to make new Sales Orders only for those customers who are under their command (where the Sales Person name is linked to the customer).
I would like to know if this kind of a thing is possible, I know currently this is not possible, but is it possible for the developer team to develop this or is it possible through any Partner who could develop the same on paid basis and then the same could be incorporated into the standard product.

I am willing to sponsor this feature if it can be taken into the standard product.

On Monday, November 19, 2012 2:24:56 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Dear Aditya,

I am not sure if understand your query completely. But for the example mentioned, I suggest a solution when you want to specify restriction for few users and not all the users with same role.

If you select "Owner" in restrict by, it will be applicable for all the Sales User. But for specified restriction, restrict based on "Lead Owner" and define the match between Profile and User.

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Aditya,

2. Assigned To:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Aditya,

If you assign Customer Permissions, the reports will show accordingly - this needs to be updated in the List Views also.

https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/744

Thanks for offer to sponsor :) You can do it when we close the issue.

best,
Rushabh

On 10-Aug-2013, at 6:20 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Developers,

I know every year ERPNext takes a long jump from what it can cater to but I think the permissions thing is still something lacking. For the past 3 years now (almost) we have not been able to get our sales people to join the erpnext system. The role for our sales people is not included in the current permissions manager since we want to do the following with the sales people.

1. Ability to see all customers where their name is in the Sales person table (currently there is no way to have restrictions based on child tables)
  2. Ability to see all transactions of customers like SO, DN and Sales Invoices (now I don't know if this would be possible even if the child tables permissions is also added)
  3. Ability to make new Sales Orders only for those customers who are under their command (where the Sales Person name is linked to the customer).
I would like to know if this kind of a thing is possible, I know currently this is not possible, but is it possible for the developer team to develop this or is it possible through any Partner who could develop the same on paid basis and then the same could be incorporated into the standard product.

I am willing to sponsor this feature if it can be taken into the standard product.

On Monday, November 19, 2012 2:24:56 PM UTC+5:30, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Dear Aditya,

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Addy <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Aditya,

2. Assigned To:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed

um…@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

Well Rushabh,

Aditya,

best,
Rushabh

"

Defaults

"

Hi,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

The above link to issue is broken. Was this added? If so, how to define it?