How to change permission of frappe folder?

Hi All,
I have recently installed Version 7 on an Ubuntu Machine but the problem is I am not having permission of Frappe folder. Therefore, I am not able to create/update files under my library app.

Therefore, I appreciate, if anyone can help me in this context.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

Hello Ruchin,

It could be that some files/folders are owned by root user (please check). In case this is true, change ownership of folder and its files to frappe user (chown frappe:frappe folder -R).

Regards

@rackoon
Given command is not working.

sudo chown frappe:frappe folder -R

chwon:cannot access ‘folder’: No such files or directory

sudo chown frappe:frappe -R

Try ‘chown --help’ for more information.

Regards
Ruchin Sharna

Hello Ruchin,

“sudo chown frappe:frappe folder -R” - you should use folder name instead of “folder” in the command. You can also use path to root folder of ERPNext installation (something like /home/frappe/frappe-bench).

Regards

1 Like

@rackoon
Extremely sorry for the inconvenience but I am a layman in Ubuntu, however I have run the given command with the path and all and it is not giving me any error but still I am not able to create/update/paste files under
frappe-bench/apps/library/library/

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

@ruchin78

Can you please post screenshot by running ls -la at frappe-bench/apps/? So that it would be good to resolve your issue

@shreyasp
Sorry I forgot to mention that my problem has been resolved with the help of a genius @rackoon

Regards
Ruchin Sharma