How to close a particular item in a sales order

Hi Guys ,

I want to close a particular item in a sales order ? Is there a way to do this ?

Could anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

@Muthu you cant close it at the item level, but you can close it at the document level by clicking Status → Close. So do all your deliveries first before closing the SO.

I really liked that too. Something that could cancel / close at item level.

Some times in our business we have some changes (change management) during project execution. A change could be add new items but could remove others (example: we negotiate to remove a item a add a new one to the same cost)
We could do another SO to the new, but it won’t cancel items from other SO.

Even amend SO isn’t a good solution, because that way we loose the history of all process.

1 Like

@almeidapaulopt [quote=“almeidapaulopt, post:3, topic:21979”]
Even amend SO isn’t a good solution, because that way we loose the history of all process.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Any plan of bringing this feature in ERPNext v8 ?

Thanks

Core team . This feature would really help people . Please consider bringing this in the future update .

Thanks

Once rest of the items has been delivered and billed, then set Sales Order status as closed. For your reference, you can add a custom Allow-on-Submit field and update value for the specific row. As an empowered community member, please also consider helping other members on the forum, and contribute features (like this one) which you believe can be of use for everyone.