How to display variant attributes in the list view of Items?

How to display variant attributes in the list view of Items?
I have many materials with the same name, but the variant attributes are different. How should I differentiate them in the list view?

Are you talking about the variants created by a template? Usually the variants created by a template have unique names (item codes) that are created as a composite of the abbreviations of the attributes for each variant. For example, a red small t-shirt might have the item name SHIRT-RED-SM. The list view should show those names, and therefore the attributes for each item.

Are you looking for more detail on the list view than what’s already in the variant name? Or did I misunderstand?

Hi @Juice:

Is not so easy to show it as columns… attributes are not stored directly on the Item table and … each item can have different attributes. Maybe it is possible with some customization if all your items have the same attributes.

Meanwhile … try Item Variant Details report
Hope this helps.

1 Like

For example, a red small t-shirt might have the item name SHIRT-RED-SM.

Oh, I didn’t notice that. Because my item codes are too long. Characters exceeding the length become ‘…’

Are you looking for more detail on the list view than what’s already in the variant name? Or did I misunderstand?

yes

Meanwhile … try Item Variant Details report

I will try it. thx

Is not so easy to show it as columns… attributes are not stored directly on the Item table and … each item can have different attributes.

Can I provide a feature suggestion? Can it display all attribute values in one column (separated by delimiters such as “/” or “,”) (excluding attribute names)?

1 Like

I think showing all attributes in one column would even worsen the issue of the not fitting on the screen, which you previously mentioned… at least the abbreviations in the item name are usually a little shorter than the full attribute values?

But this issue is related to another one in the forum, that there is inflexibility in how the list view appears, because individual column widths can’t easily be adjusted. An item name that might have 40 characters is sometimes given the same amount of space as a 2-character code.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a default, I believe. The UI won’t allow that.
Lot’s of rework on controlling naming of item attributes is required

@Juice you can try to use formatters . they will slow down the loading time a little bit but will do the job

2 Likes