How to find customers who are not buying to their potential: Basically how to avoid lost sales?

Well I am facing a difficulty, I have tried to use various reports and trend analyzers to find out which customers are buying properly and which are not but at all times I have found that it is difficult to find those customers.

Basically I am trying to find out of my existing customers who have been buying regularly and who are not, now it seems simple but I would put up the conditions which make the scenario really a challenge which I have not been able to conquer.

1. Some customers are large and they buy in the tune of 200,000 per month or maybe more but their order sizes are small. So these might have big number of orders of smaller values.
  2. Some customers are only buying like 50k a month but they give order in one shot every month.

I think the customer master is missing one major ingredient here and that is: Estimated Monthly Sale field or we could have 2 fields, one for the amount of orders and the other the frequency of orders.

This/ these fields would act like triggers of Minimum  Inventory level so when a customer falls below this amount of SO then the system alerts the predefined person by email or a Task to call and find out the problem.

Please let me know if this can be done with the help of custom scripts and fields or do you people think that there is a better way already available in the current system.

Any Solutions…???

On Friday, April 20, 2012 3:00:00 PM UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Well I am facing a difficulty, I have tried to use various reports and trend analyzers to find out which customers are buying properly and which are not but at all times I have found that it is difficult to find those customers.

Basically I am trying to find out of my existing customers who have been buying regularly and who are not, now it seems simple but I would put up the conditions which make the scenario really a challenge which I have not been able to conquer.

1. Some customers are large and they buy in the tune of 200,000 per month or maybe more but their order sizes are small. So these might have big number of orders of smaller values.
  2. Some customers are only buying like 50k a month but they give order in one shot every month.

I think the customer master is missing one major ingredient here and that is: Estimated Monthly Sale field or we could have 2 fields, one for the amount of orders and the other the frequency of orders.

This/ these fields would act like triggers of Minimum  Inventory level so when a customer falls below this amount of SO then the system alerts the predefined person by email or a Task to call and find out the problem.

Please let me know if this can be done with the help of custom scripts and fields or do you people think that there is a better way already available in the current system.

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Will surely look into them when our rollout is complete and support load is minimized. Maybe in 2-3 weeks time.

Right now I am putting it in the wiki -

https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/wiki/Feature-Suggestions

I think the issues list is not a good place for feature suggestions, in the next few days, I will move all the feature suggestions from issues, so that the issues section on github shows issues only.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 03-May-2012, at 6:35 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

Any Solutions....????

On Friday, April 20, 2012 3:00:00 PM UTC+5:30, Aditya Duggal wrote: