How to make quotation item description not to be required

Hello,

I need to make quotation item description not to be required.

When I do so in Quotation Item form, an error telling that this cannot be made for standard control.

I think it should be allowed. Is there a workaround on this without creating a new field?

Regards
Jaime

Hello.

Do you want to remove it from Quotation Print?

If so, then you can remove from print format of the Quotation.

You can’t remove it from the standard print format of the quotation.

For this you need to create a custom print format for quotation and then you can remove description from the quotation item table in the quotation print format.

Later on you can also set it as a default print format for quotation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sujay

@Jaime_Stuardo

Hello,

You can go to customize form for Quotation Item and uncheck the mandatory option and update it. Now, the Description Field is not mandatory.

I hope this will solve what you’ve asked for.

Hello…

No… I know that… But the question tells that I need item description not to be required. That’s all.

I already have a custom print format. That custom format displays the description for item if it is present.

Some of my items in the quotation can or cannot have description.

To solve it as a workaround, I enter a hyphen in the description. Then in the custom format I compare the description with a hyphen. If it is, no description is printed, otherwise it will be.

Regards

Jaime

@Shah_Kalpit,

It does not work. First, I need to customize Quotation Item Form…that form does not allow to remove that check for description field.

Regards

Jaime

@Jaime_Stuardo

I understand your concern. Go to Quotation Item by opening Doctype List. Thereby, follow the same procedure i.e remove the mandatory field checkbox on Description and click on Save.

I hope this will solve your problem.

@Jaime_Stuardo,
That was pretty rude!

No Issues, Here you go!

Yes, I’ve tried it.
The thing is you are doing it in Customize Form, where you’re not supposed to do.

Follow the Images carefully and perform, It’ll work.
Type Doctype List in Search Bar

Select Quotation Item.

Now, Uncheck the Description and Save the Doctype.

I hope this will solve your problem.

It does not work either.

Checkbox cannot be unchecked.

If I click the triangle to right, the dialog box appears, where I cannot uncheck that checkbox either.

And in fact, I cannot uncheck anything.

By the way, I am logged in as administrator.

Regards
Jaime

That means you’re not in the developer mode.
go to site_config.json file which will be found in path /home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/

Make sure that file has the content “developer_mode”:1

Now, this should definitely solve your problem! @Jaime_Stuardo

Thanks, but even I can do that, I prefer not to do so. If system does not allow to do it without the need to change to developer mode, I will keep my workaround. That works. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
Jaime

No issues @Jaime_Stuardo You’re Welcome :grin:

Thanks and Regards,
Kalpit