I am planning to start to manage the Fixed assets with the help of ERP.
I would like to know how is that possible, the current scheme of things which is in my mind is like this:
- Create a Fixed Asset WAREHOUSE
- Then Create an Inventory code say if we want to track all the UPS (Uninterrupted Power Source and not the UPS delivery) in organisation then we would create an Item code for UPS which would be having a “YES” against the SERIALISED inventory
- Now for every UPS we would create a SERIAL NO under the item code of UPS
Now the problem or things which I think the ERP cannot do as of NOW are:
- Track the maintenance of the Fixed Assets
- This is for a particular case of Machinery which is owned in the Organisation. Suppose we have like 10 machines of a single type then should be create 10 separate item codes for those machines or should we create 10 separate SERIAL numbers or WE SHOULD CREATE WORKSTATION instead of ITEM CODES.
- How can we track the maintanence of these machines, like a repair done on a particular machine and so on and so forth.
@Rushabh: You might want to come into this discussion as your inputs would be highly appreciated on this matter.