How to migrate just the public and private files to new server

I just want to transfer the private and public files from a old version setup to a new version and link them …

I have a brand new version installed , i don’t want the entire database but just the uploaded item images from the old server , which i have imported along with the image link from the excel sheet.
I Already tried just restoring the files in the public and private directories of the site respectively and doing bench migrate does not restore the files.
they don’t even show up in file list …

please guide on how to link , because its not possible to re-add them one by one , or even to migrate the whole db

I think without database, You can’t see images in new server because images path store in database.

Hi @Taher_Khalil

It s not possible to transfer images from old server to new server without creating database. You have to Create a database in a new server first and then resore a bacpkup with a public and private files.

Thanks

Thats a shame because i can’t migrate the whole db of an old version like 12 to v15 ,
Nearly impossible that …
And reimporting 3-5 gbs of images one by one is not practical too.

Is there another way … like by a query i can add it to db directly?
Or like export the respective column from old db and manipulate it and import it to new ?

Which column and table stores the links?

Hi,

Try: bench --site sitename mariadb

Then:

select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS where COLUMN_NAME like ‘%image%’ order by TABLE_NAME;

SELECT image FROM tabItem;

etc.

You could try to just export all the records from the File doctype and import them into your new site.

Then you should export all the files manually from the site public/private file paths (if you have access to the server) to the same public/private file paths in your new server.

This should ensure the file documents are linked to the actual files and everything should work properly.