How to restrict Computers using Dynamic IP Address?

I would like to bring up this issue because currently I am using internet in one of my locations from Reliance Net Connect and there are no other reliable ISPs in my area and hence I cannot go for broadband connections.

Now though the reliance connection solves my problem of internet connectivity beautifully but it fails to provide us with a STATIC IP which is a requirement by ERPNEXT for limiting access.

Now I would like to know if there is a way to limit the access by using DYDNS or NO-IP’s paid services. Basically what I am looking for is a way to setup the traffic from my router to be showing the IP address allotted by DYDNS or No_IP

I need this kind of solutions since there is no way to get a static IP at a place where I am using the internet.

1 Like
Hi Aditya,

To do this, you will have to route all your traffic via a proxy server and only allow the IP of that proxy server to login. I am not an expert on this, but you should find some stuff if you do a web search!

If you are really paranoid about security, its best to setup a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and move ERPNext to your own server.

best,
Rushabh

-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 19-May-2012, at 2:56 PM, Aditya Duggal wrote:

I would like to bring up this issue because currently I am using internet in one of my locations from Reliance Net Connect and there are no other reliable ISPs in my area and hence I cannot go for broadband connections.

Now though the reliance connection solves my problem of internet connectivity beautifully but it fails to provide us with a STATIC IP which is a requirement by ERPNEXT for limiting access.

Now I would like to know if there is a way to limit the access by using DYDNS or NO-IP's paid services. Basically what I am looking for is a way to setup the traffic from my router to be showing the IP address allotted by DYDNS or No_IP

I need this kind of solutions since there is no way to get a static IP at a place where I am using the internet.