How to scale the Database | Database Scaling

@revant_one
I had setup the ERPNext-14. as of now its running in single database container. I want to scall with two containers. how to do that. here the documentation I refred. Please give me idea for ERPNext-13 Also

1 Like

u did it bro ? 2 container frappe ?

The design is not finished I’m working on it.

@revant_one
Can I use MaxScale for scaling the DB. Here I Read some documentation about the DB Scaling

Let the cloud provider manage and scale it as DBaaS Using Frappe with Amazon RDS (or any other DBaaS) · frappe/frappe Wiki · GitHub

If you are on prem then setup a MariaDB Galera cluster.

Beyond that you can try anything and report back if successful.

I’m not a MariaDB Expert.

Thanks for the document sharing, but the client doesn’t want to use the RDS or some other DBaaS he want to use in the server itself (we hosted our ERPNext project in the local server).

I will update if i can able to scale using Galera or MaxScale.

Thank you

Hi Revant
What is your take on using a Database proxy like Mariadb MaxScale or AWS RDS Proxy?
What I have seen is thee main bottleneck for Mariadb has been with concurrent read/writes which leads to LockWait or DeadLock issues.
Will an RDS without an RDS proxy be sufficient for these kind of issues?

Thanks

@Manan_Shah I don’t know about AWS RDS Proxy, but recently we received a 5K bill from AWS because MaxScale was getting the traffic and replicating it around the 5 nodes of our cluster!

In 1 week we beat about 64tb of writes, so we decided to find another approach around that!

Most of the time for me, having the DB in a dedicated disk with high IO increase a lot the performance, we had gains of 75% on that approach!

Also constantly monitoring of slow query logs, and applying indexes increase also the performance

1 Like

Thanks @max_morais_dmm for the input
Phew! Need to be careful with using AWS products