How to set a conditional workflow base on customer's group on sales invoice?

Hello everyone,

Please how can i set a conditional workflow base on customer’s group on Sales Invoice ?. I have 2 Customers group, Cash Customer’s group and Credit Customer’s group. I want to create a workflow on the Sales Invoice document, Below is how I want the Workflow to work:
(1) Whenever a user raises Sales Invoice for any customer that falls under the Cash Customer group, then Workflow should not apply.
(2) Whenever a user raises Sales Invoice for any customer that falls under the Credit Customer group, then Workflow should apply.

Please how can i do this ?

My understanding is you can only have one active workflow for an entire doctype at a time. If you want certain states and actions based on conditions, you’ll have to embed those conditions within that one active workflow.

It would be great to be able to have multiple workflows active on different records within a doctype, depending on certain assignment criteria. I don’t know if that’s on the road map.

1 Like

Workflows until v14 have only the form view.

With one table of transition, for each state, you have to write conditional expressions to check for those conditions and allow that particular state.
This becomes cumbersome if you have multiple paths for a doctype. if else() :slightly_smiling_face:

But v15 has a more intuitive Graphical Workflow builder.
check this out - https://youtu.be/qNolKZ56G68?si=a05gkt4ksWQ7E4Qg&t=866