How to set Support Email Address for Server Error

Hi everyone,

I deliberately trying to fetch a table that doesn’t exist in the Database, so I will get a server error popup and in the top right corner, there is a ‘Report’ button.

If I clicked the “Report” button it will get me a message like below:

I would like to know how to set the support email address in case of in the future, the application user could report issues when they encounter server-side errors.

The GitHub issue link: GitHub: [Bug] Unable to set Support Email Address for Server Error · Issue #8300 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Hi welcome to ERPNext,

A grep search on ‘Support Email Address Not Specified’ found nothing, so this is no easy nut to crack - this dialog you have uncovered may not interface to the usual ERPNext configurable code?

For example Python libraries like six, urllib3 use tkinter that I think is compiled C source that is possibly dynamically loaded, so that is not easily searched.

That may be the case here with pymysql with some other dialog plugin library?

Read about GitHub - PyMySQL/PyMySQL: Pure Python MySQL Client

To explore this may help too PyMySQL/test_connection.py at main · PyMySQL/PyMySQL · GitHub

Hi Clarkej,

Thanks for the help and directions on how to solve this problem.
I remembered that I may have deleted the support email address when setup the database, I will create a test site and set it to see if that’s the case.

But regardless, I think it should provide a way to change the support email address after installing.

I posted an issue on GitHub: [Bug] Unable to set Support Email Address for Server Error · Issue #8300 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

1 Like

Hi @AOL,

did you figure the support email out? We are seeing the same error message…

In the github issue ci2014 (?) posted this comment:

"
You can define the support email address in your site_config.json:

“error_report_email”: “support@example.com”,

If you put the line at the last line in the json object, remove the comma.

The path to site_config.json is ~/frappe-bench/sites/example.com/site_config.json
"

5 Likes

Yes, please check out the github issue links: [Bug] Unable to set Support Email Address for Server Error · Issue #8300 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

1 Like