I found VPS hosting for a good price. Does Anyone use these ones with ERPNext?

No swap

Am using Digital Ocean, Vultr and now Contabo for half a year. Have found Contabo to be excellent value for money. Just make sure you purchase the Xeon processor one which is much better than i7 version. However even i7 works well. Using a couple of i7 for VPS for testing apps.

Unfortunately, we have new regulation here in Turkey. We have to use local service providers. That means we can’t try frappecloud in production also. We also have few international customers although.

So you need to find local service providers but not good as always.

Self hosting is better then.

If this regulation is present then the government must have given incentives to local server providers, Maybe you should find some local server providers or start a cloud business yourself :stuck_out_tongue:
That way you might make more money :smiley:

Thank you @fkardame for you suggestions :slight_smile:
We want to improve the quality of our services but that cloud and server thing needs specialized labour. That seems not our business. Past 2 weeks we’ve tested 4 providers. And best benchmark tool was “time bench restore” . Some servers do that in 100-200 seconds, some others in 1000 seconds.

Hi @bkm are you still using interserver.net? Still reliable ?

Go with Contabo. Have been using for 3 years now. Quite satisfied with the servers.

1 Like

I like their prices

But very worried about the reviews that trashes the quality of their servers and the speed of their network.

So you will take them over Digital Ocean?

@olamide_shodunke Personal experience, stay away from Contabo. Not friendly to users from our part of the world. I learnt that the hard way and lost money and time in the process.

Thanks

DO has been real nice to me for the past 4 years or so. Maybe I should just take my eyes off the tempting cheap prices from the likes of Contabo and continue my love affair with them. DO has been spectacular so far.

Contabo works fine for our region. No complaints so far for past 2 years on about 6 servers.

We have around 10 servers in Contabo. 1 of them consistenly have problems. Sometimes due to network, sometimes maintenance, etc. I am not sure why but this is the reason that some of the users are pretty happy some of them not.

I’ve one server in Digital Ocean, never had a problem.

At the end, with Contabo or not we need to have backup strategy. This one can be a starting point Automated continuous master/slave streaming backup

1 Like

I guess it’s in Dusseldorf. There’s 1 node that constantly has an issue. Otherwise never had an issue with other nodes in Dusseldorf. Other German locations work fine. Unfortunately, within Germany user cannot choose a location.

1 Like

We are building a two stage ERPNEXT with 13.x as Production and 14.x as Development System with Contabo and Docker at this Stage everything works perfect.

1 Like

Can you use Docker within Contabo?

yes without any problems.

1 Like

It would be great if you can provide a tutorial or something like that :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Wow, so sorry for replying to such an old post, but I have been mostly off the forums since October '22 and didn’t see all of the backed up questions.

I do still use Interserver for some things, however not their dedicated machines any longer. Their VPS service has been great to me for the past many years.

I have also been dividing up some of my larger VPS servers and remaking them into hybrid-dedicated servers on RackNerd. I have had very good luck with their larger servers. I can run bigger systems on them for about half the price of the full dedicated systems I used in the past.

Do your own testing, run your own comparisons, invest the time and $$ to do the testing right before you decide on a switch. I spent several hundred dollars testing servers from various services to find my favorites. You should do no less for yourself as well.

And as always, Your Mileage May Vary! :sunglasses:

BKM

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

It is long time since I posted this topic. :grinning:

I found another VPS provider:

www.namecheap.com/hosting/vps/

I’ve used it for other projects and their plans are very good.

If I find other ones, I will post them here.

PS: It is not ads I’m posting here. It is only my experience with the service of theirs. You can see I’m not adding a referral link when I post the link of them. :slight_smile:

Greetings

1 Like