Importing bulk sales order using data import

Hi, we get bulk order from third party. I am trying to bulk import sales orders in ERPNext but I cannot do it as it asks us to first create customer.
Is there a way where I can bulk import orders and
ERPNext automatically creates new user for these orders?
As of now i have to create customers before adding orders.

Thanks

Hi @rahul2,

You can’t directly import sales orders. First, you need to import the necessary information in a specific order: customer group, territory, customer details (like address and contact), item group, unit of measurement (UOM), and items, among others. This sequential import helps prevent errors when importing sales orders. If your orders involve taxes, you also need to set up tax configurations. However, we generally do not advise importing transactions directly because it can lead to linking issues. For instance, even if you successfully import sales orders, delivery notes, and sales invoices, there might be problems with linking them together. Make sure you understand the document flow from sales order to delivery note and delivery note to sales invoice before attempting this process. Sometimes clients/users import transactions but later realize that the sales order status isn’t updating properly due to linking issues between documents.

I hope this helps.

Thank You!

Hi @NCP,

We have started importing customer data followed by sales order data. It is working fine.
Thanks for the reply.