Imprest request forms

Dear team members,

I can see the expense claim form in the ERP system but I am missing the Imprest request form (IRF) which a staff could fill it before travelling to field or somewhere else and from there, he/she may make retirement and claims. I am attaching a sample form which can also be used to design such a system as we are currently using it for official business. Can someone assist me on this?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/174dd848-89cc-4636-bc82-aa2601129c43%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Mac Deuse,

Have you check the 'Leave Application' ?
 'HR > Leave Application'

if that's not what you're looking for then could you provide flow-chart / workflow?

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:24:06 AM UTC+7, Mac Deus wrote:

Dear team members,

I can see the expense claim form in the ERP system but I am missing the Imprest request form (IRF) which a staff could fill it before travelling to field or somewhere else and from there, he/she may make retirement and claims. I am attaching a sample form which can also be used to design such a system as we are currently using it for official business. Can someone assist me on this?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/7a15a407-1d91-460f-b8c4-64976e46cf8e%40googlegroups.com.

Hi Mac Deus, 

I am using Erpnext for an Government Authority in Kenya, with admin procedures not so much different from Tz , I guess. IRF is not part of Erpnext. Howvever, work around are possible. You could add some custom fields to the like project, or add this info under description. 
Basically, the IRF is an advance where the Erpnext implementaion is a claim back. Not so much difference, a matter of definition/procedures in yr organisation,

robert

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:24:06 PM UTC+2, Mac Deus wrote:

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/d79a1e9d-0352-4737-bb3e-ce7c07f7e2d5%40googlegroups.com.

Dear Kanjana,
Thanks for the response, what I had posted is not a leave application but is over someone requesting money from office to travel to do org.activities. So the money need to be requested and approved by responsible officer.
I had initially though to use the claim form and I see a bit working but I though if it had another window of approving and finalized person to authorize.
So, this over these lines, though I am missing the retirement when an officer is returning from site and want to explain how he/she spent money and what is remaining to be returned back or need to be reimbursed back to office.

On Saturday, 2 August 2014 21:39:52 UTC+1, Nonnatee Kanjana wrote:
Hi Mac Deuse,

Have you check the 'Leave Application' ?
 'HR > Leave Application'

if that's not what you're looking for then could you provide flow-chart / workflow?

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:24:06 AM UTC+7, Mac Deus wrote:

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/7df719eb-603e-4cec-8aeb-b6898d370246%40googlegroups.com.

Dear Robert,
Thanks very much for your response
However, I had initially thought to use the 'claim form' and I see a bit working but I though if it had another window of approving and finalized person to authorize could be good indeed.
If this could be working, I had thought that to miss the 'retirement form' when an officer is returning from site and want to explain how he/she spent money and what is remaining to be returned back or need to be reimbursed back to office.
How you found this working on your side? 
Is there a window on this ERP platform to have customer design? so that we may put our field to suite our working environment? I am thinking between lines

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 20:43:25 UTC+1, robert wrote:
Hi Mac Deus, 

I am using Erpnext for an Government Authority in Kenya, with admin procedures not so much different from Tz , I guess. IRF is not part of Erpnext. Howvever, work around are possible. You could add some custom fields to the like project, or add this info under description. 
Basically, the IRF is an advance where the Erpnext implementaion is a claim back. Not so much difference, a matter of definition/procedures in yr organisation,

robert

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/d7dd4b0a-16f9-4459-a5e8-bc59a28aa07b%40googlegroups.com.

Dear 
Thanks very much to Robert and other members
However, I had initially thought to use the 'claim form' and I see a bit working but I though if it had another window of approving and finalized person to authorize could be good indeed.
If this could be working, I had thought that to miss the 'retirement form' when an officer is returning from site and want to explain how he/she spent money and what is remaining to be returned back or need to be reimbursed back to office.
Is there a window on this ERP platform to have customer design? so that we may put our field to suite our working environment? I am thinking between lines.
I have still gone through customer form or customer field, I don't find the "Claim form" where I could be able to add another customer value(s) so that the form fits my desire. Can someone help me????

On Saturday, 2 August 2014 20:24:06 UTC+1, Mac Deus wrote:

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/d130ed8c-8280-49b1-91a7-b4afa143980d%40googlegroups.com.

Hi Mac,

Such a claim form is not available in ERPNext. You might have to get it customized from a developer/partner.

Alternatively, if it looks like the expense claim form with some additional stuff, adding custom fields to it as per your need and adding a workflow for approval could do the trick.

Thanks,
Anand.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Mac Deus <bw…@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear
Thanks very much to Robert and other members
Is there a window on this ERP platform to have customer design? so that we may put our field to suite our working environment? I am thinking between lines.

I have still gone through customer form or customer field, I don't find the "Claim form" where I could be able to add another customer value(s) so that the form fits my desire. Can someone help me???

On Saturday, 2 August 2014 20:24:06 UTC+1, Mac Deus wrote:

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/d130ed8c-8280-49b1-91a7-b4afa143980d%40googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAAQzbF3h33brEeTxWwAdEeh6z0c8_13eMW1ouHE8LE7af63bfw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dear Mac,

I received the forms used in kenya, and i believe to a large extend we can model the process common in East Africa in Erpnext.
I will work it out for WRMA , discuss with Erpnext and than post it here.

The wrma forms as used in kenya are attached

My approach roughly will be: the two forms used are  Imprest application (advance) form and Imprest Surrender.
One can create two naming series for the advance and surrender , say imprest_applicXXX   and imprest_surrenderXXX and create some extra custom fields to indicate the actual payment vouchers used.

These forms are used to authorise and keep track of payments made to staff no bookkeeping (transfert of funds) is made!! 

The funds transfers are always done by journal vouchers. Under current assets we create a group Imprest, with subledgers for all employees. Some one goes on a field trip, the advance authosation is doen using the module expense under HR. Now a cash voucher tranfers the advance to the imprest / cash account of this employee. So it is in his hands now in a custom field in the expenmse module the JV number may be stores.

After the trip he comes back. Now the actual payments expenses (petrol, car repair, and casual labour in the field) can be recorded under the expense claim imprest_surrender series. Now the finacial flow of funds is again done by a JV. The invoices(bills) of his field trip normally booked under accounts purchase invoices against the imprest account of that staff. A journal voucher is created for all his field expeneses and the remainder of the advance surrendered back to the general Petty Cash (imprest account ) of the project.

Want to go thru this in detail with our friends in Mumbai, but believe this should work in kenya and tanzania

On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:38:48 AM UTC+2, Mac Deus wrote:
Dear Robert,
Is there a window on this ERP platform to have customer design? so that we may put our field to suite our working environment? I am thinking between lines

Hi Mac Deus, 

robert

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/a8a59a80-1742-49a9-bd0a-b004f3d73adb%40googlegroups.com.

Thanks Robert for the explanation - that should work. 

@Umair can you wrap this up with screenshots and add a new blog / manual page on this?

On 07-Aug-2014, at 9:25 pm, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mac,

I received the forms used in kenya, and i believe to a large extend we can model the process common in East Africa in Erpnext.

My approach roughly will be: the two forms used are  Imprest application (advance) form and Imprest Surrender.
One can create two naming series for the advance and surrender , say imprest_applicXXX   and imprest_surrenderXXX and create some extra custom fields to indicate the actual payment vouchers used.

These forms are used to authorise and keep track of payments made to staff no bookkeeping (transfert of funds) is made!! 

The funds transfers are always done by journal vouchers. Under current assets we create a group Imprest, with subledgers for all employees. Some one goes on a field trip, the advance authosation is doen using the module expense under HR. Now a cash voucher tranfers the advance to the imprest / cash account of this employee. So it is in his hands now in a custom field in the expenmse module the JV number may be stores.

After the trip he comes back. Now the actual payments expenses (petrol, car repair, and casual labour in the field) can be recorded under the expense claim imprest_surrender series. Now the finacial flow of funds is again done by a JV. The invoices(bills) of his field trip normally booked under accounts purchase invoices against the imprest account of that staff. A journal voucher is created for all his field expeneses and the remainder of the advance surrendered back to the general Petty Cash (imprest account ) of the project.

Want to go thru this in detail with our friends in Mumbai, but believe this should work in kenya and tanzania

Dear Robert,

Hi Mac Deus, 

robert

Dear team members,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/a8a59a80-1742-49a9-bd0a-b004f3d73adb%40googlegroups.com.

<imprest application form.pdf>

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/B33C4BAD-60EB-4B67-8589-DFD290825D87%40gmail.com.

‎Thanks Robert! This is really needed. Looking forward to the screenshots and updated manual. 

Cheers all!

Kind regards,
Olawale‎
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 9:38 AM
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Reply To: er...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Re: Imprest request forms

@Umair can you wrap this up with screenshots and add a new blog / manual page on this?

Dear Mac,

Dear Robert,

Hi Mac Deus, 

robert

Dear team members,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/B33C4BAD-60EB-4B67-8589-DFD290825D87%40gmail.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/20140808091232.5402757.30730.9178%40xavierltd.com.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in publishing help page on managing imprest in ERPNext.

Here you go:
https://frappe.io/blog/erpnext-features/managing-imprest-in-erpnext

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:42 PM, <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:
‎Thanks Robert! This is really needed. Looking forward to the screenshots and updated manual.

Cheers all!

Kind regards,
Olawale‎

Dear Mac,

My approach roughly will be: the two forms used are Imprest application (advance) form and Imprest Surrender.
One can create two naming series for the advance and surrender , say imprest_applicXXX and imprest_surrenderXXX and create some extra custom fields to indicate the actual payment vouchers used.

Dear Robert,

Hi Mac Deus,

robert

Dear team members,

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/20140808091232.5402757.30730.9178%40xavierltd.com.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com
Nice

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Umair Sayyed <um...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in publishing help page on managing imprest in ERPNext.

Here you go:
https://frappe.io/blog/erpnext-features/managing-imprest-in-erpnext

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 2:42 PM, <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Cheers all!

Kind regards,
Olawale‎

Dear Mac,

My approach roughly will be: the two forms used are Imprest application (advance) form and Imprest Surrender.
One can create two naming series for the advance and surrender , say imprest_applicXXX and imprest_surrenderXXX and create some extra custom fields to indicate the actual payment vouchers used.

Dear Robert,

Hi Mac Deus,

robert

Dear team members,

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CAJ33fAtOE-jKQs-OHwr_OijNLQCk4xTrN6woXVBc6ZenrwYp5g%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Best regards,
Prakash Hodage

------------------------------------------

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/CABFMaBzewCc27OiHgbFGtx9NRRPMihy7QRgh5vS2T9gqpUnRTQ%40mail.gmail.com.