Inserting Multiple units at once while quoting/invoicing etc

Hello ,

I have been using ERPNext for a while and as far as I see , inserting multiple units at once is lacking and causes too much time , if you are quoting/invoicing many lines of items.

Is there anyway to select all required units from database by checking checkboxes and add them to Item section ? 

You may check myERP application to see what I mean . 

That would really be practical

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Erkin,

If you provide product which is bundle of multiple units, you should use Sales BOM feature. With this, on selection of main item, child items will be update automatically. Check following link to learn more about Sales BOM.

Also, for quick data entry, you can Copy existing transaction. With this, data from original transaction will be copied into new record. You will only need to make editing where required and save the record.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Erkin Aydogdu <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello ,

I have been using ERPNext for a while and as far as I see , inserting multiple units at once is lacking and causes too much time , if you are quoting/invoicing many lines of items.

Is there anyway to select all required units from database by checking checkboxes and add them to Item section ?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Dear Umair ,

What you suggest is nice for bunde / Kit units , but it is not what I am asking for . 

I think a simplified item entry field , which allows to enter multiple units at once , either by copy pasting from excel or checking from database , would be very practical and perfect. 

Adding units 1 by 1 , with Ajax(ish) input area takes too much time and requires too many scrolling up-down . to adjust discount , base rate , quantity etc. 

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:59:15 AM UTC+3, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Erkin,

If you provide product which is bundle of multiple units, you should use Sales BOM feature. With this, on selection of main item, child items will be update automatically. Check following link to learn more about Sales BOM.

Also, for quick data entry, you can Copy existing transaction. With this, data from original transaction will be copied into new record. You will only need to make editing where required and save the record.

Hello ,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

I strongly second this. My suggestion is an offline cache mode! https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/844

Or maybe simple is an attachment mode, similar to how Stock Reconciliations are done?

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:31:00 PM UTC+8, Erkin Aydogdu wrote:
Dear Umair ,

What you suggest is nice for bunde / Kit units , but it is not what I am asking for . 

I think a simplified item entry field , which allows to enter multiple units at once , either by copy pasting from excel or checking from database , would be very practical and perfect. 

Adding units 1 by 1 , with Ajax(ish) input area takes too much time and requires too many scrolling up-down . to adjust discount , base rate , quantity etc. 

Erkin,

Hello ,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

I stumbled upon a possible workaround for some: use barcodes! I did a quick test and entering barcodes allows the form to work in the background while you keep going down the item rows. Sooo much more convenient.

Of course this requires (1) you have a barcode reader, and (2) you have a barcoding system, though this can be created specifically for this purpose.

Unfortunately, this only works now in Delivery Note and Sales Invoice. For us, we need this accessible at Sales Order and Stock Entry level. Suggestion posted on github.

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:45:43 PM UTC+8, lxnow wrote:
I strongly second this. My suggestion is an offline cache mode! https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/844

Or maybe simple is an attachment mode, similar to how Stock Reconciliations are done?

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Hello ,

It is a very limited area of use then . Inserting Unit area should definetely be optimized for users who deal with dozens of lines and different each time quoting/selling.

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:27:53 AM UTC+3, lxnow wrote:
I stumbled upon a possible workaround for some: use barcodes! I did a quick test and entering barcodes allows the form to work in the background while you keep going down the item rows. Sooo much more convenient.

Of course this requires (1) you have a barcode reader, and (2) you have a barcoding system, though this can be created specifically for this purpose.

Unfortunately, this only works now in Delivery Note and Sales Invoice. For us, we need this accessible at Sales Order and Stock Entry level. Suggestion posted on github.

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Erkin,

Please post this feature request on our Github issue list. We will consider it when resource available at our end. Also, it will be open for external expert to contribute this feature.

https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues?state=open

Currently, our customers are adding many line items using auto-suggest feature. And I believe, auto-suggest option is lot better than importing items from spreadsheet.

When we talk about speed, there is also a time factor involved. Hope you have codified your items which helps users recollect item code quickly. Also, you can define lots of default in item master itself, like prices, warehouse, taxes. This will let us switch from one item to another quickly.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Erkin Aydogdu <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello ,

It is a very limited area of use then . Inserting Unit area should definetely be optimized for users who deal with dozens of lines and different each time quoting/selling.

I strongly second this. My suggestion is an offline cache mode! https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/844

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Erkin Aydogdu <ay…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com
Dear Umair ,

I took 2 screenshot from 2 different item input area , one from ERPNext , one from MyERP. I am currently user of ERP Next and subscribed . ERPNext has much better customization and report functions , yet this inserting item issue is a big time loser. 

Please check screenshots and you will understand how much time we are losing with erpNext's item input and EDIT system. We are doing a lot of clicking , scrolling , tabbing , waiting for auto-suggest etc. 

I will request this feature , hope it gets developed and become an option. 

On Friday, September 13, 2013 9:50:42 AM UTC+3, Umair Sayyed wrote:
Erkin,

Please post this feature request on our Github issue list. We will consider it when resource available at our end. Also, it will be open for external expert to contribute this feature.

Currently, our customers are adding many line items using auto-suggest feature. And I believe, auto-suggest option is lot better than importing items from spreadsheet.

When we talk about speed, there is also a time factor involved. Hope you have codified your items which helps users recollect item code quickly. Also, you can define lots of default in item master itself, like prices, warehouse, taxes. This will let us switch from one item to another quickly.

Hello ,

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

Erkin,

Thanks for the screenshots. We will try and see when we an fix this.

To improve productivity, you can use the keyboard shortcuts too. Ctrl + Down Arrow will move you to the next row or insert a new row below (if you are on the last row)

You can also have template quotations from which you can "copy"

Hope this helps in the short run.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 14-Sep-2013, at 12:46 AM, Erkin Aydogdu <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Umair ,

I took 2 screenshot from 2 different item input area , one from ERPNext , one from MyERP. I am currently user of ERP Next and subscribed . ERPNext has much better customization and report functions , yet this inserting item issue is a big time loser. 

Please check screenshots and you will understand how much time we are losing with erpNext's item input and EDIT system. We are doing a lot of clicking , scrolling , tabbing , waiting for auto-suggest etc. 

Erkin,

Hello ,

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

<erpnext_item_insert2.jpg><erpnext_item_insert.jpg><myERP_insert.jpg><myERP_insert2.jpg>

Hello All ,

POS view option in Sales Invioce , seems relatively easier than current method.

I strongly suggest that method to be used in every document , which needs a unit input ( quotation , opportunity , SO , PO etc. )

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:52:07 AM UTC+3, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Erkin,

To improve productivity, you can use the keyboard shortcuts too. Ctrl + Down Arrow will move you to the next row or insert a new row below (if you are on the last row)

best,
Rushabh

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

<erpnext_item_insert2.jpg><erpnext_item_insert.jpg><myERP_insert.jpg><myERP_insert2.jpg>

1 Like

We already developed Pos view for all documents, it will be released within 2-3 days.

On 26 Sep 2013 22:19, "Erkin Aydogdu" <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All ,

POS view option in Sales Invioce , seems relatively easier than current method.

I strongly suggest that method to be used in every document , which needs a unit input ( quotation , opportunity , SO , PO etc. )

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:52:07 AM UTC+3, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Erkin,

best,
Rushabh

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Erkin Aydogdu <ay…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello ,

I strongly second this. My suggestion is an offline cache mode! https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/844

Dear Umair ,

Erkin,

Hello ,

Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com

--
Thanks and Regards,

Umair Sayyed
www.erpnext.com