Install ERPNEXT and HRMS with custom image

Hi,

I am trying to install erpnext and hrms using the easy install python script (GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps).
To do so, I followed these steps:

1. I create a custom image with erpnext and hrms app using the following command

docker build
–build-arg=FRAPPE_PATH=GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript
–build-arg=FRAPPE_BRANCH=version-14
–build-arg=PYTHON_VERSION=3.10.5
–build-arg=NODE_VERSION=16.18.0
–build-arg=APPS_JSON_BASE64=WwogIHsKICAgICJ1cmwiOiAiaHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2ZyYXBwZS9lcnBuZXh0IiwKICAgICJicmFuY2giOiAidmVyc2lvbi0xNCIKICB9LAogIHsKICAgICJ1cmwiOiAiaHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2ZyYXBwZS9ocm1zIiwKICAgICJicmFuY2giOiAidmVyc2lvbi0xNCIKICB9Cl0=
–tag=custom_erpnext:staging
–file=images/custom/Containerfile .

For the APP_JSON_BQSE64 argument, I simply use the base64 command on the following text:

[ { "url": "https://github.com/frappe/erpnext", "branch": "version-14" }, { "url": "https://github.com/frappe/hrms", "branch": "version-14" } ]

1. I modify the x-customizable-image in the compose.yaml file from frappe_docker repository.

x-customizable-image: &customizable_image
image: custom_erpnext:staging
pull_policy: never

1. Finally, I run the easy_install python script with the following command:

python3.11 easy-install.py --prod --email XXX@XXX.com --project erp_hrms

I have downloaded the frappe_docker repository upfront to avoid the script to download it.
Looking at the generated compose.yml file by the easy-install script, I can see that it uses the image custom_erpnext:staging. So the custom image is used for the installation.
Here is the output of the easy-install script:

Creating site: site1.localhost

Installing frappe…
Updating DocTypes for frappe : [========================================] 100%
Updating country info : [========================================] 100%
Updating Dashboard for frappe

Installing erpnext…
Updating DocTypes for erpnext : [========================================] 100%
Updating customizations for Address
Updating customizations for Contact
Updating Dashboard for erpnext
site1.localhost: SystemSettings.enable_scheduler is UNSET
*** Scheduler is disabled ***
Current Site set to site1.localhost

I do not see hrms being installed. However, looking in the container erp_hrms-configurator-1 under /home/frappe/apps I see hrms. Also, when I access to the site, hrms is not there.

Am I missing a step here? Can anyone, help me on this?

Thanks

After looking closely at the easy-install python script. The create_site only installed erpnext on the configurator container. Just had to add the docker compose command to install hrms as well.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.