Install ERPNext on Apache Server

Hi!

I would like to know if it possible to install ERPNext (GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)) in an Apache server manually without install bench. Do you know where can I found information about that?

Do I have to install a frappe-bench (bench init frappe-bench) and add the erpnext (bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext) to deploy ERPNEXT?

You do need the bench if you want to do any serious development / deployment in ERPNext, but yes nginx should be optional. Right now we only have scripts for nginx, but maybe you can make equivalent configs in Apache.

If you just want to start, use bench start to deploy the built-in http server (Werkzeug)

1 Like

Hi!

And do you know where is the script that create de database and populate it with the first configuration? I would like to deploy and install erpnext manually without any script. Thank you.

Hi Lsa,

I guess there were no more updates on this since your last reply. I am facing the same “problem”. I allow scripts, that’s n problem, but I want Apache instead of Nginx, and I use a remote DB.

I would honestly like to limit the scripts to just a “yum install”, but that’s probably a bit too much for now. Also, I have found a couple of scripts that all do about one thing of the puzzle but none do the full thing on Centos7 bare install.

So I am guessing what you did next to get further with this and hope we can help each other.

Regards,
Yves

1 Like

Checkout bench GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps for all the installation info.

Hi Mehta,

I did. But it does not cover all the topics I need. For instance, no remote database connection setup, no Apache choice, … There’s a couple of topics it misses. :wink:

Plus, I don’t agree with the setup script. The part where you change the default character set and the collation is absolutely not acceptable for a DBA, nor that you should be root to create the database from script.

Yves

Please feel free to contribute fixes.

Remote database connection is easy, you just have to add your host in the site_config.json

2 Likes