Install Frappe & ERPNext v13 beta from scratch 100% guarantee(22 steps) on ubuntu 20.04

I wonder how did u solve it .
pls share

Hi,

I have installed the 13. Version of ERPNext on my Ubuntu Server wich is installed in a Virtual Box.

I have Questions:

1. How can I get to my desksite on the browser, from my standart working linux system on my laptop. (The Virtual Machine ist working on the background on my System and to remember, i have installed there, a pure Linux Server not a Linux Desktop)
    normally you can visit your site with the ip 127.0.0.1:8000 or other Ports like 8001 or 8080

But from the Outside (from and other System I think, you have to take an other IP

I think in my case: 10.0.2.15

Because

DeepinBildschirmfoto_Bereich%20ausw%C3%A4hlen_20210318182207

1. Also I got an error message in my benchprotocol

Can anyone help?

best regards

How to install ERPNext on Ubuntu 20.04 – Ghulam Mustafa (ghulamustafa.com)

The above article was also straight forward.

1 Like

Can someone suggest how to proceed and access the app once installed. I could complete all steps through 22. when i type the IP address of my instance in the browser it opens a page “welcome to nginx”

After strictly followed all the steps, It worked for me, but I have one question: why step 16 is needed? seems it is duplicate as step 15.

Hi @szufisher,

Interesting you mentioned this. I just posted something about this today.

Curious to know your thoughts.

~Brian

1 Like

I remember the 2nd time install frappe-bench as root there is some error, I simply ignored those error and continued the following steps, so far there is no problem.

for me your explanation about how python package installation works is understandable and reasonable.

by the way, I read a lot of your post, I learnt a lot from you, thanks.

refer,

1 Like

This worked! thanks. Can you also help on how to install SSL?

1 Like

Yes ,I can help you

Thanks, went through this. LIttle too complicated to follow through - can you help with steps using certbot - thats a little simpler to follow i guess

install snapd and fuse
then install --classic certbot
sudo certbot --nginx > it will ask for email address to notify when it needs renewal
select the site , you will be prompted to select one .

This should then add the certificate.

1 Like

Not sure if I did it correctly of not; got the below error - when i executed sudo certbot --nginx

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Error while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.
nginx: [warn] the “ssl” directive is deprecated, use the “listen … ssl” directive instead in /etc/nginx/conf.d/fr
appe-bench.conf:156
nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate “/etc/letsencrypt/live/brandpack/fullchain.pem”: BIO_new_file() failed (SSL:
error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/brandpack/fullchain.pem
',‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
The nginx plugin is not working; there may be problems with your existing configuration.
The error was: MisconfigurationError(‘Error while running nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf -t.\n\nnginx: [warn] the "
ssl" directive is deprecated, use the “listen … ssl” directive instead in /etc/nginx/conf.d/frappe-bench.conf:156
\nnginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate “/etc/letsencrypt/live/brandpack/fullchain.pem”: BIO_new_file() failed (SS
L: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/brandpack/fullchain.
pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)\nnginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.con
f test failed\n’)

When you installed snapd and fuse , did it all go through fine , no errors?
Also sudo snap install --classic certbot ? Did it install with no errors ?
Your site that you applying the ssl cert , you have added the A record with your ISP ?

If all is correct the sudo certbot --nginx should work …

Responses in above quote

I did a fresh install and anywhere “-beta” was written, I just deleted it, and i have installed version 13.
Very nice and simple guide. Thank you.
Appreciated

Maybe look at tech_hack that may be an alternative for you.
The method i used works for my environment.

Hello @adals

First of all, thank you so much for your detailed post. this helped a lot. I have finished all the above steps on WSL on a windows 10 PC. I am now able to access the software…

However, wondering, how could I get access to the development environment?
So I can see the code and get done the needful changes on it?

Ok i corrected something with a fresh install and even executed the sudo certbot --nginx

But now I’m getting a 404 page did i miss any step post that?

PS.: earlier I was not able to map a site to the SSL since the default site was site1.local which i changed before installing the app and making my domain the default site from the begining.