Install on Ubuntu 18 google compute

First tried the manual install as per GitHub. That failed due to:
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/15747
Was good to see the ERP next guys get onto that fast. Will revisit later. ERPnext screens really broken with 404s due to js issues.

Someone suggested that I dont use dev. So followed these instructions

cd my-bench
bench switch-to-master

This should switch both frape and erpnext. Its said switch worked but the same issue as above occurred. Not convinced that frappe did revert to master.

So tried this:
cd my-bench\app
sudo rm -r frapp*
bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/frappe: Low code web framework for real world applications, in Python and Javascript --branch master

That appered to work but now have new error.

INFO:bench.app:installing frappe_io
INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -e ./apps/frappe_io --no-cache-dir
/home/inforactiv1/dev2-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py:106: UserWarning: Source /home/inforactiv1/dev2-bench/apps/frappe_io/frappe_io/docs does not exists.
warnings.warn(ā€˜Source {source} does not exists.ā€™.format(source = source))
module.js:550
throw err;
^
Error: Cannot find module ā€˜babel-coreā€™

Ok, so I gave up on this approach, will google for that later, tried the simple install script. Made sure the dependencies were there. got this error:

ā€œASCII as encodingā€ ā€œYou might be able to resolve your issue by exporting theā€, "following environment variables: export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 export LANG=C.UTF-8. Will look into that.

Any help would be appreciated. happy to work on some good ubuntu 18 documentation. A few of the guides I found were very rough. one even managed to make a bench called erpnext and really screw up things.

Tried the simple install script at sudo. ie

sudo python install.py --develop --mysql-root-password frappe --admin-password frappe

That did work.

1 Like