Install.py ignore Debian unstable/buster incompatibility

How can I get the script to ignore Debian’s incompatible version and proceed with the installation anyway? For now, I get the following traceback:

root@rpi3:~# python install.py --production
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 417, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 8, in install_bench
    check_distribution_compatibility()
  File "install.py", line 137, in check_distribution_compatibility
    if float(dist_version) in supported_dists[dist_name]:

Okay, I “solved” it by commenting check_distribution_compatibility function call.

It’s annoying, however, that the script will not run without sudo installed.

What version of Debian are you on? The install script support V8 and 9. Perhaps if you can test the script and see if it installs on your version, you can send a PR for the same.

@kennethsequeira, found the first problem. I’m installing on unstable/sid, but script can’t recognize it, which leads to traceback in my first post. Now, it also added MariaDB repository with NA instead of sid:

TASK [mariadb : Add apt repository] ********************************************
An exception occurred during task execution. To see the full traceback, use -vvv. The error was: apt.cache.FetchFailedException: E:The repository 'http://ams2.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.2/debian NA Release' does not have a Release file.
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "module_stderr": "Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IaHMlB/ansible_module_apt_repository.py\", line 551, in <module>\n    main()\n  File \"/tmp/ansible_IaHMlB/ansible_module_apt_repository.py\", line 543, in main\n    cache.update()\n  File \"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apt/cache.py\", line 505, in update\n    raise FetchFailedException(e)\napt.cache.FetchFailedException: E:The repository 'http://ams2.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.2/debian NA Release' does not have a Release file.\n", "module_stdout": "", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE", "rc": 1}
	to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/site.retry

Never mind, I’m editing this one out, it was database misconfiguration.

1 Like