Installation on windows 7

how do i can install frappe bench on windows 7

As far as I know installation on a native Windows system would be extremely difficult if not nearly impossible. (It requires software that is native to Linux and generally harder to setup on windows)

Your best bet for running ERPnext on windows is by using the Virtual Box Image provided by ERPnext

https://erpnext.com/download

You can install Virtual Box by following the instructions on that page.

1 Like

Failed to import appliance F:/python/erp-next-image-production/ERPNext-Production.ova.

Could not create the imported medium ‘C:\Users\Hcomputers\VirtualBox VMs\ERPNext-Production\ERPNext-Production-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: cannot write allocated data block in ‘C:\Users\Hcomputers\VirtualBox VMs\ERPNext-Production\ERPNext-Production-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_DISK_FULL).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: ApplianceWrap
Interface: IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}

My guess would be that your C:\ drive is either not writable (which would be unusual) or it does not have enough room to build the virtual hard drive.

On my Windows 7 installation the virtual hard drive (.vmdk) is 40GB so if you do not have 40GB free then you would get this error.

You may be able to modify the settings of the ERPNext appliance image to install the virtual drive some where else but I cannot tell you how to do that as I have not done it.

If the above doesn’t work google the VBOX error and see if anyone has had this specific error