Intelligent Email Alerts

Hello my first post on this forum with this great community so here we go:

I will tell you the story so we can speak the same language

Our little startup company works on projects, we do photo-video projects for our clients, that means if they must have a commercial for that Project of that particular customer we use many tasks that like:

• Download materials (25%)
  • Arrange the chronological (50%)
  • Sync the cameras (75%)
  • Render them (100%)

So in every step of the project we know where we are with the project. Also my customers are having projects with our company even two times a week, so they are mostly returning cutomers.

I have some questions to make this great and amazing software work even better for us

1. How can we send the email alerts to the customer? As the projects are from the same customer almost always

2. Can the email alerts be sent at a specific time?

3. How can I show in email alerts the tasks of the project- status, start and end time

I ask you this because I don’t want to flood the email of the client with lots of emails as we move pretty quick with the projects so I want to include as much info as possible in a single email.

Thank you for this magical software wich is amazing!

Why not give them a portal account for the front-end so they can check on the progress of the project. I went though something similar with a client and emails can get annoying and wont get read. The portal account works great and they only send emails or sms on major milestones. Also welcome to the community.

1 Like

It sounds good what you are saying, is there a way to do that automatically?
As we have like 3 projects that reach certain milestones / day, some days we even finish three projects/day.

We search for something with automatic workflow notification because our work is very time-critical for all the clients and we search for very fast feedback to redo what is wrong (we do commercial advertisments also)

PS: Thank you for the warm welcome!!! :slight_smile:

The only what that i know to send email alerts is thought. Setup > Customize > Email Alert You

Yes, that is what I am talking about :stuck_out_tongue: Just asking for help in configuring it in the way I need it

• send to customer email
  • maybe a specific hour? (not 01:00am)
  • in the email show tasks status

Did u got the solution to send email on specific time?

How to send Email Alert to customer email (Something like when Sales Order/Sales Invoice is generated)? What should be placed in Email By Document Field, Email By Role under Recipients

@vwithv1602, this should help

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/email/email-alerts

thanks

Thanks… @akurungadam

Even i am trying this now. I can send mail to suppliers by proper date.

But suupose say if 3 customers in a same day , 3 mails should be sent to all the 3 customers right,
but here its sending all the 3 mails to the same customer,

If you find the solution,Please let me know