Introducing POS Awesome

Yes, I imported ERPNext VM from (http://build.erpnext.com/ERPNext-Production.ova) and updated bench, then I installed POS Awesome by following your steps but I found the problem and It has been fixed after I used these bench commands:

bench update --requirements
bench clear-cache
bench build

and I also changed it to development environment.

Hey again,
I found a miscalculation and bug in Royalty points redemption and I created github issue.
[BUG]: Royalty points redemption miscalculation #45

Nice catch

The assumption was that you will do it the other way round.

USD 20 to earn 1 point
1 point = USD 1

Pending when @youssef does the fix you might want to change to this approach. It gives the customer the same points/usd at the end of the day.

1 Like

Thank you for solution
But Why POS Awesome does not deduct the royalty points after redemption. app added the new points but not deducted the used points. How can I fix that?

Please add offline feature as well.

Hi,

This is great. Thanks for building this. It looks, well, awesome so far.

When I try on a recently upgraded ver 12 instance of ERPNext and when I add to a Cart and then use Pay, I get the following error in my browser console.

I guess I am missing something:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 67, in application
response = frappe.api.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py”, line 59, in handle
return frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 24, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 64, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1075, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/posawesome/posawesome/posawesome/api/posapp.py”, line 268, in save_draft_invoice
invoice_doc.save()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 273, in save
return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 296, in _save
self.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 231, in insert
self._validate()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 461, in _validate
self._validate_mandatory()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 747, in _validate_mandatory
raise frappe.MandatoryError(‘[{doctype}, {name}]: {fields}’.format(
frappe.exceptions.MandatoryError: [Sales Invoice, SPN/21-22/00052]: posting_date

Thanks

Jay

Figured out the problem. The default value for Update Date and Time was Enabled (default value 1) in the Sales Invoice document and when changed that, the Sales Invoice went through just fine.

Thanks

Jay

@JayRam

Will love your feedback on this app and how it can be made better

Regards

Is this app already integrated in ERPNext v13? I saw two more options in POS profile after installing the app, but for the most part, it looks the same as the official POS.

Did you search for POS Awesome?

@youssef and all contributors, Thanks for the good job!

I have one suggestion, Please enable a feature to Indicate Item Cost either using a bootstrap tooltips when user hover mouse over item price or using any other UI feature.
In my scenario of a retailer, where their customers usually haggle ( bargain ) on the price, the business owner in this case will want to be reminded of the Item cost, to enable him or her decide how much lower he can adjust the item price during this scenario.

Some POS app does this and I have had request for this feature in the past engagements. This will really helps to fast track the transaction from merchant perspective

2 Likes

Is this a ERPNext native app?

No.
Please read the OP.

1 Like

It’s not support Arabic language ?

how to Create Sales Order from awesome POS directly ?
@youssef

Check this wiki page

3 Likes

how can i translate POS-Awesome to arabic language ?

how can i translate POS-Awesome to arabic language ? @youssef

1 Like

Thanks to @Helio_Jesus, He brought this feature to POS Awesome , you can use it by trying the develop branch.

I installed the ERPNext with containerized Installation not bench I’m on the latest 13.7.1 and I’m interested to add the POS Awesome, how could I add it.

I’m still confused with the bench or containerized installation methods.