Invoice canceled

Hallo, i am starting to use erpnext - and it is much tricky … please help me to understand, and a small difficulty ist, that i have the german translation, so that the field-names i can see are not the same, which are in the english version. So i hope, you know where i am inside the system.

so, i started with a first invoice, ok so far.

But, because in the customer-name-area (accountancy>customer) , the customer name, address and so on is in, there is first the field for “customer” - i can write in (or chage what is inside.
But a row under that, i have a field “Customer-name” - theres inside “Testman” … and i did not find, where it is to change.
Which is the difference btween these both fields?

If i go to >CRM >Customer and open this customer, i cannot see the field “Customer” - only in the accountancy area.
Which is the difference?

And now the question - as i am searching for a solution i canceled this invoice. Now it is canceled, can i switch it back?
Or is the only way to make a copy?

But this i only want to do, if i have the testman away .,…
Thanks for any help.

Is anyboda here, which can give me infos about tutorials in german?
Thanks and greets
Frank

@quintact welcome to the forum.

What you need to do is to “Amend” the invoice after canceling.

Here is the link to the German Manual contributed by @CWT

http://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/de/

Hallo, thanks for your reply.
Amend is a good idea, i can see, it makes a copy. OK, but it is not possible, to delete the old original - they are connected … any idea, how to have a clean list with only thos billings, that are real?
Thanks and greets.
Frank

Hi @quintact,

What you could do are 2 things:

1. if it is still the last invoice:
  • cancel the invoice
  • remove the filter view from the list of invoices
  • permanently remove the cancelled invoice from the list
  • create a new invoice
  1. if it is not the last invoice and you already created other invoices
  • cancel the invoice
  • remove the filter view from the list of invoices
  • permanently remove the cancelled invoice from the list
  • update the Naming Series of invoices to the number just before the invoice number you just deleted
  • create the new invoice
  • update the Naming Series of invoices to the number of the last invoice number

I’ve seen option 2 mentioned before, and I still say that this looks like manipulation of the system, and I can’t recommend it. It’s best to just let the cancelled invoices remain in the system.

It is ok, not to manipulate the system - i need to understand the workflow, how it works and so on.
I made a copy via amend and that works.
Thanks a lot - till my next question in the board.
Greets