Is the Lending app abandoned?

Is anyone aware of the status of the Lending app? Since it was split off of ERPNext, most of its functionality seems to have stopped working.

For example, repayments no longer seem to write to the ledger. There’s a four-month-old bug report on this issue, so I don’t think it’s a new regression.

Has the app been abandoned or depreciated? If so, has anyone had any luck with a migration path out?

Hi @peterg,

The lending application has been released from version 14 and you must know. Now it has to be installed separately in version 15, I know there will be many bugs but it is under development. I just have an idea and don’t know much about it.

Thank You!

Hi Nihantra, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I’m using the separate app. That’s the problem. I switched from v14 to v15, installed the standalone app, and on the surface everything seems to be working fine. But, Loan Repayments don’t write to the general ledger.

I don’t think this is an edge case. I cannot under any circumstances find a way to make loan repayments write to the ledger. I get no errors, no console messages, nothing. This is the core functionality of the entire app, and it doesn’t work. Others have described this same problem going back nearly half a year.

Anyway, that’s what I’m trying to understand. The lending app was spun off from core, but there’s been very little activity in the repo since then despite a growing list of bug reports. It looks abandoned or close to it, and if that’s the case I’m trying to identify the best way to migrate away from it as a dependency.