Is there a way to restrict access to some projects?

We have multiple projects I the system. I want to limit some users from seeing some of the projects.
Is there a way to do this in erpnext?

You can set the User Permission for that.

Example: If User 1 should be able to view only one project then set it like

Thanks. My requirement is the other way around. Everyone still needs to have access to all newly created projects by default. We create many projects every week.
There are only a few projects that are internal process related jobs that I would like to be accessible to a smaller audience.

Is there a way to say that only User 1 and User 2 have access to Project A, and everyone else has access to all other existing and future projects by default?

Same thing I explained to you above.

You can set the User Permission for User 1 and User 2 for the Project A. so try it and check it.

I tried this.
Added a new user permission for User 1 pointed to Projects > Project A.

Result: User 1 has only access to Project A (they can’t access any other project), while everyone else has access to all projects, including Project A.

I need User 1 to have access to all projects (including Project A) and everyone else to have access to all projects except Project A.

You have to explore user permissions, there is no other option. If user permission solves your issue then ok, else if your problem is not solved then you have to do some development on permission.

1 Like