I’m encountering an issue with the leave policy assignment, and I need assistance in resolving it. Here are the steps I followed and the problem I encountered:
Step 1: Leave Type Setup
- Created a leave type named “Casual Leave” with the following settings:
- Maximum Leave Allocation Allowed: 18
- Applicable after (Working Days): 180
- Maximum Consecutive Leaves Allowed: 3
- Is Earned Leave: Checked
- Earned Leave Frequency: Monthly
- Rounding: Not specified (left blank)
- Repeated the above steps for sick leave with a maximum allocation of 10.
Step 2: Leave Period Creation
- Created a leave period from April 1, 2023, to March 31, 2024.
marked it as active.
Step 3: Leave Policy Creation
- Created a leave policy titled “2023 LP.”
- Selected Casual Leave and Sick Leave in the Leave Allocation Table
Step 4: Leave Policy Assignment
- I clicked on the “+” button next to Leave policy assignment on the 2023 LP page.
- selected an employee from the drop-down list.
- Allocation based on: Leave Period
- Leave period selection: April 23 - March 24 (created in Step 2)
After submitting this document, I observed that there were two leave allocation entries, as attached below. which appears to be accurate to some extent.
Later, I created another leave period for FY 22–23 (From Date April 2022, To Date: 31st March 2023) and assigned the same leave policy to the employee. I did this to determine the exact annual leave allocation for one FY and to verify leave application and leave balance calculations.
However, the results were not as expected. Please refer to the attached document for details.
FYI: Employee joining date: March 1, 2022.
Rounding was left blank in the leave type settings because when I tried using a rounding frequency, the allocated leaves in fractions did not match my expectations for the previous year.
I would like to understand why I am not getting the exact output for the previous year’s leave allocation (18 casual leaves and 10 sick leaves).
It looks like the 1-month leave allocation is skipped for both leave types.
I have referred to numerous videos and blogs for leave management setup, but most examples demonstrate whole number outputs, such as 24 annual leaves with rounding set to 1 for monthly allocation. I couldn’t find an example that addressed situations with sick leaves like 10 or 7, or casual leaves like 15 or 18.
I would greatly appreciate your response and guidance on resolving this matter.