Issue with Email Account Configuration

While trying to create incoming email account getting the below error…

Using gmail.com domain

Please help.

Regards,
Anindya

@anindya2003

you need to enable ‘allow less secure app’ from gmail account>security

then it will work

Thanks for your response.

I have allow less secure app already enabled for my account. But still have this error. Please let me know if any other setting I need to check.

Regards,
Anindya

@anindya2003

then you have to create an app password from the same location (google account security). if you have enabled two factor authentication for gmail it will not allow straight login with your default password. create an app password and use that to login…

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I have checked and I don’t have 2 factor authentication enabled. Also when I go to Security > Signing in to Google…I don’t see app password option…

Anything else I need to check.

Regards,
Anindya

@anindya2003

try this too… Can you enable 2-step verification? once you enable you can see the option for creating the app password. most of the cases gmail doesn’t allow login with the default password unless we use an app password. and your error message is pointing out to troubleshoot this way. if nothing works please post a screenshot of your imap/smtp settings.

thank you

Try this.

Remove gmail.com from the domain. Instead, leave the field empty and select GMail in the Service option:

Thanks…after enabling 2 step verification and creation of app password I can now create ERPNext email account using this gmail address.

Regards,
Anindya

3 Likes

I have the same problem, could you tell me how to add the application password, in erp next?