Item Tax Rates For Multiple Companies based oN HSN Code

I have been able to use single erpnext installation to manage two companies with similar business lines.

Since when items were created it had item tax rate of only A company on issuing PO for B GST is not calculated we need manually select tax rate of B for each item so that it can be calculated properly

You can setup Itemwise taxes for the item master.
Refer the link below to learn more on the same.

https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/accounts/item-wise-taxation

Hope this helps.

I have defined tax rate for each item
Example

1. Item1 CGST-A 9% SGCT-A 9% IGST-A -18%
  2. Item2 CGST-A 14% SGCT-A 14% IGST-A -28%

Now If I am raising Invoice PO for company A it will work properly

If I have Company B which deals in same items & when I raise PO or Invoice selecting same items it does not calculate GST Properly unless I add Company B in Item Rate List It doesn’t Calculate GST

1. Item1 CGST-A 9% SGCT-A 9% IGST-A -18% CGST-B 9% SGCT-B9% IGST-B-18%
  2. Item2 CGST-A 14% SGCT-A 14% IGST-A -28% CGST-B 14% SGCT-B 14% IGST-B -28%

Can’t we have a tax rate based on HSN/SAC Code as it will eliminate the need to set tax rate for individual items?

@deepakk pl read this thread

Going Through the link I feel its possible to apply a general rate structure and when there is exceptional rate like a cess mention that in that particular item which supersedes the general rate structure for the HSN code.

Also there is no reasoning that one wants to use 2 digit or 4 digit HSN code as duties like custom duty are always levied on 8 digit code.
If you want to still use only 4 digit you can always set length of code to print like left(code,4) in excel.

But this brings me to a point how can same HSN code have different GST rates unless you are using improper classification or 2 or 4 digit HSN

Also Please stop comparing with other software we are here to make erpNext better than the once exists and call themselves market leader ! The sad part is I am forced to use one and its quiet a Pain and I am turning in to an accountant from engineer