Items received from customer for manufacturing

Dears,

Now, we have some items sometimes we purchase from suppliers and other time we get it from our customers for free to integrate into our final system which he is going to purchase from us at the end based on open contract.

Now i can see while im creating a new item and can tick mark for customer-provided items and specify the customer name but the problem with this feature i would be able to source same material from anywhere else, so how can i manage the same? can i do it at BOM level or there is another ways?

You could try to create two separate items (one to procure from suppliers and another to procure from your customer). Then set item alternatives for them (two way enabled).

This should let you choose between the two items at work order level too. (Assuming you enabled the proper settings).

If that won’t do, then you can just use the same item with a different pricelist (to set this item’s price as 0), so you can make a material receipt (stock entry) of that item at 0 value (preferably in a separate warehouse, so as to not mix up the valuation of other items) and use that to complete the production as well as transaction.