Kanban not available on Workspace Shortcut

Hi guys,

I’m trying to add a Workspace shortcut for Tasks, however the Kanban view disappears after selecting the Doctype:

What I’ve tried so far, without success:

Adding it manually on the json:

Shifting to dev mode and adding on Workspace Shortcut Doctype doc:

Proceeded with: bench build, bench clear-cache, bench migrate… same thing

Does anybody have an idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks!!

Bump :slightly_smiling_face:

You can achieve this with a customization: Kanban Boards In Workspaces ERPNext v14 - #8 by tmatteson

1 Like

I swear I’ve been to that post before, I even managed to install @1ubuntuuser’s embed mod, but it has a few quirks embedding the kanban view.

In relation to the shortcut, I managed to get it on the Workspace shortcut by editing the doctype:

But then I cannot save :frowning:

@ldl Because you have to override a Frappe class to add the additional views, this is something that can only be implemented in a custom app. If that’s the case you can also customize and export these cahnges via Customize Form instead of editing the doctype directly. This is not something that’s likely not achievable in an erpnext.com context or other hosted environment.

I didn’t get any feedback from the frappe team about the mod. It was really dependent on my other PR I sent to embed youtube videos etc, but that got closed without a real reason so I haven’t updated much on it. I have an updated version I’m using in my own environment but it’s probably not suitable for production yet. Thanks for trying it!

1 Like