Kanban, sub tasks and tinymce

I’m comparing odoo and erpnext to use for our company.

I was wondering if there is any way to use a kanban board on projects and also have sub tasks within a task?

Finally, the editor for the descriptions seems pretty basic - is there a way to add tables or edit the html?

@Mediafront

In ERPNext you can have subtask within task.
Also you can add html code in editor.

To add html code click on <> in editor

Regards,
Sambhaji Kolate,
New Indictrans Technologies Pvt Ltd.

Thanks Sambhaji - are there instructions for sub tasks? I can’t see how to select the parent task when adding a new one

Scott
Email sent from my phone - apologies for any strange formatting or typos!

@Mediafront

You can check this reference

Dependant Task is Sub Task in ERPNext

You can change header is you want using customize form

Regards,
Sambhaji Kolate,

Brilliant, thank you!

1 Like

I think an ideal situation would be to also be able to pack projects into a motherproject (where a project behaves like a task could be moved around as a whole in a kanban view)
@kolate_sambhaji you are a deveopler I believe…would you say such is possible (guessing ‘yes’) and what do you think would such a development cost?

@vrms we have Item Product View in v7 (contributed by New Indictrans Technologies Pvt Ltd.)
Similarly we can have Kanban Veiw like oodo.

If you propose design of ERPNext Kanban View, then I can say about cost.

You can also post your design on ERPNext Job Portal for getting Quotes.

Regards,
Sambhaji Kolate,

Is there any scope for people crowd funding a feature like this and then making it open source for all to use?

Scott
Email sent from my phone - apologies for any strange formatting or typos!

There are 2 campaigns I am aware of … 1 was conducted through bountysource and became obsolete due to the fact the functionality (sub-warehouses) was implemented in the base code while the campaign was still running. The 2nd one was done via indiegogo I believe.

From my experience I think this is a field where is much potential has to be harvested for ERPNext yet. And to really get people put money on a thing they want is pretty difficult (even if the same people have shown great interest in a feature before). For sure you MUST promote such very aggressively and consistent over a period of time.

If you want to go for it I would be happy to help running such a campaign. Mainly because I can’t contribute any funds right now.

as you mention odoo as an example. I think their Kanban view pretty much is what does the trick and can be used as a functional model.

[quote]You can also post your design on ERPNext Job Portal for getting Quotes.
[/quote]
I did that for another developement (sub-warehouses) which got obsolete due to being implemented in the base code of 7.0. I couldn’t really say any fruitful conversation was started with concrete quotes being given through the portal.

I couldn’t say exactly how but I think there is missing a little bit of a proven method to conduct such a community d\founded development project

@Mediafront

what’s “tinymce”? If it’s a typo would you mind to correct it in the headline, so the issue get’s more meaningful?

EDIT: got it “https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TinyMCE”

TinyMCE (Tiny Moxiecode Content Editor) is a platform-independent, browser-based WYSIWYG editor control, written in JavaScript and released as open-source software under the LGPL by Ephox.
It has the ability to convert HTML textarea fields or other HTML elements to editor instances. TinyMCE is designed to easily integrate with content management systems, including Django, Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, and SOY CMS.