Keeping track of communications

Hello there, We are trying to be an a little organized within our company so we are trying to keep track of our communications with leads.
So we are searching for a way to customize change the way that the doctype is being displayed or even get rid of the gird view of the custom doctype that we’ve created.
Any suggest on how to easily do that?

@SSynergy

Hi @MoSamir ,
You could set up a layout (see. “DocType Layout”) that meets your needs. As an alternative, you can always use the standard customization features of the DocType.

Thank you @Patrick.St for the quick response and taking the time to help me.
I gave doctype-layout a try and but it seems I can’t get it to reflect any changes I make, even to rearrange the fields, is something wrong with my configuration?

Hence: the doctype is child table if this is going to help.
Excuse me, but since the documentations are very lacking on the doctype layout matter I don’t know how doctype layout suppose to help display the doctype differently other than a table.
Can you point me to the right direction of how to I get to be displayed something like email layout, just to get the information out of the grid and display the whole content of the Notes fields