LDAP Login Not Working

Hi All

i have installed the LDAP module or application on 2 different servers , all successfully installed and the application shows up on Desk and under settings fine, without a problem.

I have entered the LDAP settings from our environment and also tried with a Test LDAP account, it allows me to save everything under the LDAP settings, but on the login screen i still don’t see or get the LDAP Login option.

Am i missing something here or does this app need further programming for it to work or show up as the alternative method of login.

Again, i have installed this module on 2 different environments, have tried with different LDAP settings, and still don’t see the login screen…

Can someone help with this please?

Many thanks in advance

@saurabh6790 please check.

@ermalc In Integration Service, you need to enable LDAP Service. After Enabling service on login page, it will provide option to login via ldap

hi

i have already installed and enabled the LDAP application, i have entered my LDAP server settings, and saved.

I don’t see the same window as you do, i only get the normal login window , not login via LDAP option.

Do i have to enable this anywhere else or how? So far, i have installed the App on both servers and it lets me enter the LDAP server details, but does not show on login screen.

If you are referring to some other service or activating this some other way then please let me know as not aware of this…

Thanks

1 Like

Goto Integration Service > New > Select Service As LDAP > save Doc >

Click on LDAP Settings and setup LDAP

Come back to Integration Service Click on Enabled and save doc

1 Like

hi @saurabh6790

Please see screenshot as what i get under Integrations, i can’t click on the heading or go into it, i only get the following options,

INTEGRATIONS

Application Installer
Social Login Keys
Dropbox Backup

Also , see other screenshot with the LDAP module, installed.

Thanks

hi @saurabh6790

I would appreciate it if you could help with this please or how to enable this service? I am using

Installed Apps ERPNext: v7.0.62
Frappe Framework: v7.0.46
LDAP: v0.0.1

I cannot see where to enable or make this work, and we need to integrate this with our LDAP service.

Please help

Thanks

I am not sure whether LDAP v0.0.1 supports frappes latest version.

With Version 7, we introduced LDAP as a build in feature of frappe.

Please uninstall V0.0.1.

Search Integration Service on search bar, then create service LDAP

hi @saurabh6790

I am currently using this version of Frappe

Installed Apps ERPNext: v7.0.62
Frappe Framework: v7.0.46

I have another setup which does not have the LDAP V.0.0.1 , and i cannot see LDAP as a service anywhere??

I have uninstalled LDAP V.0.0.1 from another server instance that i have setup and i still do not see the LDAP service or to be able to search for Integration Service, nothing comes up from search bar…?

I am running Production environment, not sure if that makes a difference for this app?

Thanks

@saurabh6790 Can you please tell me / help me on how to uninstall or remove the previous manual installation of LDAP?? Now that i have updated to version 7.1.3 , the LDAP app is breaking my login screen / portal

see below error please

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 32, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 101, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 117, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 124, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 140, in build_page
html = frappe.render_template(context.source, context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/jinja.py”, line 50, in render_template
return get_jenv().from_string(template).render(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 989, in render
return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 754, in handle_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File “”, line 78, in top-level template code
File “”, line 78, in block “script_lib”
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/includes/login/login.js”, line 58, in top-level template code
args.cmd = “{{ ldap_settings.method }}”;
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 408, in getattr
return getattr(obj, attribute)
UndefinedError: ‘ldap_settings’ is undefined

Guys, I made a short video tutorial showing how to enable LDAP on NextERP 3.1.7.
In this version (3.1.7) it is very simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuGzzz9UAkc

Hi Thiago

Sorry, No, this is not about enabling LDAP, i know how to do that. I had LDAP installed as a separate Application, “before” it was part of the 7.1 version.

if you had LDAP enabled before the latest release then you get the above errors, meaning should uninstall the app that i installed manually in the first place, and this is what i am asking help for, how to uninstall, not how to add.

can someone help with this please?

many thanks

Uninstall app using command

bench uninstall-app app_name

Uninstall app from specific site

bench --site site_name uninstall-app app_name

thank you, but i still get the below :frowning:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 32, in render
data = render_page_by_language(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 101, in render_page_by_language
return render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 117, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 124, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 140, in build_page
html = frappe.render_template(context.source, context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/jinja.py”, line 50, in render_template
return get_jenv().from_string(template).render(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 989, in render
return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 754, in handle_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File “”, line 78, in top-level template code
File “”, line 78, in block “script_lib”
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/./templates/includes/login/login.js”, line 58, in top-level template code
args.cmd = “{{ ldap_settings.method }}”;
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py”, line 408, in getattr
return getattr(obj, attribute)
UndefinedError: ‘ldap_settings’ is undefined

Thank you again,

the full command for this from frappe-bench was bench uninstall-app frappe_ldap

Did another bench udate , and all works fine now, can see the list of service integrations and all the rest.

thanks guys

1 Like

@Thiago_Pereira Hi Thiago
Do you still have this video? I would appreciate it if you could send it to me. Thanks

Are you needing help to enable LDAP, or the LDAP settings?

1 Like

Hi Paul @pmjd
Yes,

I think I did well in preparing the LDAP setup on windows server side, and also I have tried my best to insert all details the right way in LDAP settings on ERPNext side.

Now LDAP is enabled in the system BUT once I try to sign in with LDAP using one of AD users credentials the system seems like it’s not recognizing the AD users yet.

Can you help in addressing the issue?

I also had issues in getting LDAP working with Active Directory but it is working now. Have a look at the settings in this post and see if they help.

Also make sure users click on the Login with LDAP button, rather than Login, that has confused a few folk.

Well this is the post I used to follow the LDAP settings step by step with but eventually it didn’t work unfortunately :frowning:

Will you be able to share your full LDAP settings so that I can compare it to mine? @pmjd